Avalon~~Silly Question

missyal

We didn't on the Scenery last October. But every evening, before dinner, the Cruise Director did a short talk in the main lounge about the next days activities, arrival and departure times, shore excursion info, etc.

We were on the Artistry last year and Affinity this year. Each evening after dinner when you go to your room, there will be a newsletter going over what the cruise director said during his/her port talk. I liked having this piece of paper to carry with me as we set out on the next day's adventure.

Enjoy your cruise!

According to the latest webinar that Avalon had, they provide a daily paper with the events of the day,port info, excursions,exchange rates, meal times and even Happy Hour drink of the day.

We were on the Affinity, a new ship on it's maiden voyage, in May. For Happy Hour, there was one cocktail that was their special of the day and then you could purchase two glasses of wine for the price of one ... we definitely took advantage of that.

I'm looking forward to this trip even more now!:D

Just out of curiosity, were the drinks reasonably priced? We are not big drinkers but enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail before dinner.

I am only a wine drinker. The normal price for wine in the lounge was 3.80 Euro ... so Happy Hour was 1.90 Euro. When we were there (May) we were paying $1.33 per Euro. I just checked and the Euro is now $1.39. So, a glass of wine at happy hour was $2.53 ... and regular price was a little over $5. That's not a bad price at all.

Yes .. they had great wine in the lounge ... and then local wines for dinner ... we enjoyed tasting wine from a different region each night. We drink mostly white wines ... and those are the ones that the area we traveled through were famous for ... but I did try the red one night and it was good, too ...

Archived