Get a Load of This Uprising On Board

MrPete

just finished viewing - not as bad as I expected...nobody walking the plank, etc. Husband and I looked at each other and pretty much were thinking the same thing: if we were on that cruise we wouldn't have spent more than 5 minutes in that racket. No line ups at the buffet! No crowds around the bars! Lots of room in the hottub! Best seats in the house for whatever was going on! Why drown in all that negativity when you can choose to make things different by enjoying a floating resort where all your needs - except the need to get off the ship where it isn't safe - are catered to.

We understand their disappointment and why they wanted their grievances addressed. Having said that: why compound your misery? Make the best of an unfortunate situation and seek redress through proper channels later.

Hubby just said: good thing it wasn't the qe2 - they might have had them keelhauled! LOL:D

Good grief, it must be such a burden carrying around that much anger and hostility :(

Missing a couple of ports would be a disappointment, but would not ruin my cruise. Ending up on a ship with these people certainly would though.

I agree!! These people are crazy. I certainly would be more upset with them for ruining my vacation than with the cruise line for skipping ports.

Problem is they don't have enough problems in their own live they create them. Of course anyone would be disappointed in missing ports, it will happen if you cruise enough.. It happen to us. But you get over in a few minutes...

That is not a battle I'm willing to fit.

The fun continues. Yoyo has changed the title of the video, and added comments! :p

Yeah.....and now, come Monday, everyone is going to be reported to YouTube and all those government sanctioned agencies............:eek:

Oooh, my gawd!!!!!!:eek:

Run.

Isn't she sailing on the Conquest on Sept 20th? :confused:

I have every faith that many of the crazies pack their trusty duct tape and this is just ONE MORE reason to have it handy:D

In fact they can coincide their handy dandy duct tape demonstration at the same time as the protest session. Save time and ship space;)

Carole

I just read in the diatribe on the You Tube video that the person filming the clueless loudmouths was on their honeymoon and skipping two ports will be something they just won't get back. Awww..

Lord, if I was on my honeymoon, the last thing I'd be worried about was compensation for missing a port or two. This should be the happiest time of the persons life, but they spent it in a crowded lobby with a bunch of whiners. Wow, priorities, huh?

At least this person declared in their text that they will never sail CCL again. For that, I thank them.

Recently a recording company received a judgment in excess of $2 million from a woman who downloaded 24 songs from the web without permission. Did they suffer over $2 million in damages?

One, She did not "just" download them. She used them for her own monetary gain. And many more downloads were involved but only 24 for the trial.

The RECORDING CO. does the recordings to market for profit. So the lady used their commercial product without paying for that use.

The uprising video was not made for profit. The intention of the idiots involved might have been to extract money from CCL. But the video was not made for sale or profit. No one stole yoyo's idea since the 'squeaky wheel ploy' has been in the public domain for decades.:D

One, She did not "just" download them. She used them for her own monetary gain. And many more downloads were involved but only 24 for the trial.

The RECORDING CO. does the recordings to market for profit. So the lady used their commercial product without paying for that use.

The uprising video was not made for profit. The intention of the idiots involved might have been to extract money from CCL. But the video was not made for sale or profit. No one stole yoyo's idea since the 'squeaky wheel ploy' has been in the public domain for decades.:D

Doesnt matter Dan.. she has 'property rights' to that video... If she recorded it..

:)

The woman who downloaded the '24' songs did not do so for profit.. it was a file sharing website that exchanges songs.. Where is their liability in all this?

That was an excessive fine if you ask me.. She deserved to be fine but not to the 'tune' of $80g per song... JMHO

If someone wants to complain then why should anyone else care, unless it has impacted them in some way. I just don't see why people get uptight when others are not singing the praises of Carnival or RCI or NCL or Cunard or...? Everyone has a right to be happy and everyone has a right to be upset based on their own view of the world and how it's treating them. Make your decision and let others make theirs, but don't be so darned Judgemental if yours doesn't agree with others.

Doesnt matter Dan.. she has 'property rights' to that video... If she recorded it..

:)

TonI,

I agree that her[if the video is hers] copyright was violated. And if the video belongs to another, then their copyright was violated.

My question is, What DAMAGE was suffered by the 'victim?'

The recording company lost control of their COMMERCIAL PROPERTY. The video owner might claim mental and emotional distress and ask for money to compensate for that. But there is no monetary loss to the video.

If someone wants to complain then why should anyone else care, unless it has impacted them in some way. I just don't see why people get uptight when others are not singing the praises of Carnival or RCI or NCL or Cunard or...? Everyone has a right to be happy and everyone has a right to be upset based on their own view of the world and how it's treating them. Make your decision and let others make theirs, but don't be so darned Judgemental if yours doesn't agree with others.

These nitwits weren't merely complaining. They were disruptive, annoying, loud, interferring with others in the enjoyment of the cruise, disobeying the authority of the Captain, security, crew and staff.

They are morons, people of low character, even less intelligence and ....quite funny to watch. The video has provided a lot of laughs...as have the remarks and threats from dodo or yoyo or whatever. I even enjoyed the 2 nasty emails she sent me.........

You are old enough to know that if you have a complaint, there is a civilized way to handle it. What's going on here is NOT the way to handle it for sure......

These nitwits weren't merely complaining. They were disruptive' date=' annoying, loud, interferring with others in the enjoyment of the cruise, disobeying the authority of the Captain, security, crew and staff.

They are morons, people of low character, even less intelligence and ....quite funny to watch. The video has provided a lot of laughs...as have the remarks and threats from dodo or yoyo or whatever. I even enjoyed the 2 nasty emails she sent me.........

You are old enough to know that if you have a complaint, there is a civilized way to handle it. What's going on here is NOT the way to handle it for sure......[/quote']

For all the First Amendment demands these folks were yelling about...they seem to forget that even in America....you are not allowed to insight a riot.

They are probably to stupid to be embarrassed....but they really made fools of themselves by putting this on YouTube.

TonI,

I agree that her[if the video is hers] copyright was violated. And if the video belongs to another, then their copyright was violated.

My question is, What DAMAGE was suffered by the 'victim?'

The recording company lost control of their COMMERCIAL PROPERTY. The video owner might claim mental and emotional distress and ask for money to compensate for that. But there is no monetary loss to the video.

None.. I am in agreement with you:).. The point was it is "her" video and no one else should copy and paste it as their own.. If one wanted to link it, for example like Mr Pete, and say, hey look at this harpie... that is fine..as Pete was not claiming it... and that usage is in agreement with the Youtube TOS..

You dont have to tell me about the downloading argument.. My husband was part of the massive Sony lay offs a couple years back.. after 14 yrs in their music division as a Sales Manager, due to increasing online pirating.. the sales were down and his division was cut...:(

Anyway.. She's a shrew... and i can not believe the sheeple that followed her!

G'ma....."SNAP" means that they agree with you!!

I think toons meant 'jinx'.. because she/he and G'ma both used keel-hauling at the same time..

ie Like "jinx! you owe me a beer'! when two people say the same word at the same time..

at least that is how i read it!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedjazz viewpost.gif

A complaint that has some justification is one thing. But this was mob mentality with no justification other than a total lack of knowledge of the possibilities of cruising. Ports can be missed or changed, or not, for any reason. The reason does NOT have to be a good one, it does not even have to be stated. That's part of the cruise contract, not Carnival's exclusive contract, Part of any cruise contract. Mechanical, health, weather, politics can cause changes. Those that KNOW that, find the ignorant to be a massive bore. And poke fun at the dummies.

That is why Cruise Cheerleaders complain about the stupids.

Why are you a Cruise Cheerleader Complainer? You're doing essentially the same thing, judging the Cruise Cheerleaders.:p

These nitwits weren't merely complaining. They were disruptive' date=' annoying, loud, interferring with others in the enjoyment of the cruise, disobeying the authority of the Captain, security, crew and staff.

[/quote']

Well so much for my being "Judgemental" statement. ;)

Archived