Hilton Beach Resort- Ft. Lauderdale

rushedmom

We will be staying there 2 nights pre-cruise, can anyone tell me some restaurants near by. Looking at seafood/steak and or Italian maybe

Also is this hotel near the water taxis? I am getting conflicting info.

And last question is there a store near by?

The closest everything store would be CVS Drugstore at Beach Place, about 8 blocks away on A1A (same road as hotel, sidewalk the whole way). There are some snack food items and wine and softdrinks by the bottle at the French cafe/coffee shop on the first level of the Hilton on A1A.

There is the 954 Steakhouse in the W hotel next door, and Shula's Steakhouse in the Westin 3 bldgs south. The Galleria Mall is about a mile away on Sunrise Blvd (on 40 bus route) and has Capital Grille and Trulucks. There is an Italian restaurant about a mile south on A1A, I think it's called Pazzo, but I haven't tried it. You will find some pasta and risotto dishes at H20, next to Beach Place. About a block or so north of your hotel is Trina Restaurant in the Atlantic Hotel. It has a nice varied gourmet menu. I'm not crazy about it, but some people really like it, and has a big outdoor porch overlooking the beach.

There is a water taxi stop at The Pillars Hotel, about 6 blocks away, on Sabastian St at the intracoastal.

Please post any other questions, and have a great vacation...

The closest everything store would be CVS Drugstore at Beach Place, about 8 blocks away on A1A (same road as hotel, sidewalk the whole way). There are some snack food items and wine and softdrinks by the bottle at the French cafe/coffee shop on the first level of the Hilton on A1A.

There is the 954 Steakhouse in the W hotel next door, and Shula's Steakhouse in the Westin 3 bldgs south. The Galleria Mall is about a mile away on Sunrise Blvd (on 40 bus route) and has Capital Grille and Trulucks. There is an Italian restaurant about a mile south on A1A, I think it's called Pazzo, but I haven't tried it. You will find some pasta and risotto dishes at H20, next to Beach Place. About a block or so north of your hotel is Trina Restaurant in the Atlantic Hotel. It has a nice varied gourmet menu. I'm not crazy about it, but some people really like it, and has a big outdoor porch overlooking the beach.

There is a water taxi stop at The Pillars Hotel, about 6 blocks away, on Sabastian St at the intracoastal.

Please post any other questions, and have a great vacation...

Oh thanks that is awesome info. I do have one other question is there boat tour of the intercoastal still?

Oh and which steak house would you recommend? We are looking forward to a couple of days to unwind precruise.

I'm not much of a steak eater, so I've only eaten in Capital Grill, which I have found to be inconsistant but nice. The closest steakhouse to your hotel, 954, has been getting rave reviews by several of my friends, so I would suggest that one. It is pricey, but they all are. Capital Grill and Trulucks are chains but are high end and reputable. I haven't heard any recent feedback about Shula's. By the way, if you are looking for more of a family style steakhouse, there are Chuck's and Outback on 17th St, about 4 miles away. My favorite restaurants by the beach are H20 and Casablanca Cafe, which you might want to check out also. They are within a half mile away and serve lunch and dinner. If you want really great pizza, Primanti's of Pittsburgh is a few blocks north. It's a take out place, but they have some tables.

I'm not much of a steak eater, so I've only eaten in Capital Grill, which I have found to be inconsistant but nice. The closest steakhouse to your hotel, 954, has been getting rave reviews by several of my friends, so I would suggest that one. It is pricey, but they all are. Capital Grill and Trulucks are chains but are high end and reputable. I haven't heard any recent feedback about Shula's. By the way, if you are looking for more of a family style steakhouse, there are Chuck's and Outback on 17th St, about 4 miles away. My favorite restaurants by the beach are H20 and Casablanca Cafe, which you might want to check out also. They are within a half mile away and serve lunch and dinner. If you want really great pizza, Primanti's of Pittsburgh is a few blocks north. It's a take out place, but they have some tables.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, can't wait to try them out!

Archived