Taxi time from New York to Brooklyn Pier?

Dazza5858

We are travelling from the UK to travel on the Carribean Princess on 26th July. We are staying over the night before at the Sheraton Hotel, New York. Does anyone know how long the taxi ride will be to Brooklyn Pier?

We are travelling from the UK to travel on the Carribean Princess on 26th July. We are staying over the night before at the Sheraton Hotel, New York. Does anyone know how long the taxi ride will be to Brooklyn Pier?

about 20-30 min from midtown....

Rob

If it's a Saturday or Sunday morning 20 to 30 minutes at the most.If its a weekday, there could be traffic and it could take up to an hour.Most likely it won't, but it could.NYC traffic can be bad it you get caught in it.

If you are on a time crunch you must give yourself an hour in case of traffic, but most likely you'll get there anywhere from 15 min's to a half hour. It has taken me an hour or more to get from brooklyn to 42nd street though with traffic, so beware of that also!

Prepare for a huge shock upon return outside the terminal, there were hundreds of people lined up in front of us for taxis, then out of the blue a limo pulled up and asked if anyone wanted it, we bargained with him and jumped in! I believe we would have been there for hours before it was our turn for a taxi:eek:

Prepare for a huge shock upon return outside the terminal, there were hundreds of people lined up in front of us for taxis, then out of the blue a limo pulled up and asked if anyone wanted it, we bargained with him and jumped in! I believe we would have been there for hours before it was our turn for a taxi:eek:

That's why it's a good idea to book a fixed-rate car service BEFORE you leave. Then once your ship arrives back in Brooklyn and you collect your luggage, just give the car service a call and they'll be there in five minutes. Avoid the taxi lineup!

LidoLiz

skt4cruise, are you sure that you could have walked from Times Square to Brooklyn? That would be a really long walk. Maybe your ship left from the pier in Manhattan.

skt4cruise, are you sure that you could have walked from Times Square to Brooklyn? That would be a really long walk. Maybe your ship left from the pier in Manhattan.

My daughter and her husband walked, we took a cab, they said it was 10 blocks. It must have been Manhattan:)

Hi,

I am an Manhattan resident and the only nearby pier is the one on 12th Avenue, I could walk it from my home without luggage.

Red Hook is another story: We are sailing on the CB Princess on 8/13 and will be using a Car Service: Carmel 212-666-6666 and will allow an hour to get there. If you take a cab which is metered, have them drop you off across the way from the pier, avoiding a long wait time. Car Services are flat rates.

synet165:)

I was alway curious as to why people always have to stay close to LaGuardia or Kennedy when they fly in to go on the Carribean Princess, out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. Only because there is a fantastic little hotel on 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge called the "Gregory". A cute, clean little hotel out of the way, yet close enough to board your ship. Also, in the Bay Ridge area that it is located has fantastic little restaurants and bars close by and reasonably priced. Maybe worth looking into next time, or even this time. And the neighborhood is safe and friendly.

We stayed at the Hilton Times Square and it was 10-15 minutes, could even walk it if you adventurous;) (not recommended)

your ship left from the Manhattan pier not the one the CP leaves from which is in Brooklyn....its a long walk...

the Sheraton is on 50th street and 7th avenue, on a Saturday morning it should take less than 30 minutes and be about $30 per cab(Penn Station is about a mile closer to the Pier). The directions you should have with you are go west to 11th avenue make a left on 11th straight ahead to west street to the Brooklyn Battery tunnel(toll) Hamilton Avenue exit just past the tolls and make two quick lefts and follow the signs.

I never liked the Hotel Gregory there have been two murders there in the last 5 years. Walking to the Manhattan cruise terminal is safer(especially if you ship leave from there). Staying by LGA if you use price line and a 3 plus star hotel is safer and a fast ride to the cruise terminal on a Saturday Am(20 minutes and about the same $30.00). If you are telling people to be dropped off across from the terminal in Brooklyn before you enter you have never been there.

http://outside.in/places/best-western-gregory-hotel-brooklyn

IMG_1448.jpg.9a7bcfe94b352c8df4928792b9e952a2.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg.7489b04913606b1c61ce5a017d282b23.jpg

The hotel we are speaking about is known as the 'BEST WESTERN, GREGORY, in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, not to be mistaken for 'THE GREGORY" in Manhattan. But I guess you need to be a Brooklynite to know this one. Sorry for the misunderstanding, this hotel is located on 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, we in the neighborhood know it as the "Gregory". Stay out of Manhattan, if you possibly can.

The hotel we are speaking about is known as the 'BEST WESTERN, GREGORY, in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, not to be mistaken for 'THE GREGORY" in Manhattan. But I guess you need to be a Brooklynite to know this one. Sorry for the misunderstanding, this hotel is located on 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, we in the neighborhood know it as the "Gregory". Stay out of Manhattan, if you possibly can.

1. Its located on 4th avenue in Brooklyn not third avenue.

2. the one I am talking about is the one in Brooklyn.

3. I posted a link that talks about the murders....

Make sure you take directions to the Red Hook terminal with you.

We got a taxi from the Midtown Radisson (Lexington and 48th) on June 29th and it was the first time the driver had ever taken anyone to the Red Hook terminal. So the directions I had printed off came in very handy.

Look on the East Coast Departure thread and you should be able to find them. Or find the New York Cruise pier website.

btw.. cost about $26 with tip and took less than 30 minutes. Left at 11:30am on a Monday.

We might have a time crunch on return - the airlines changed our flights and bumped them 2 hours sooner. 2pm instead of 4pm. I would like to book a fixed rate car service for 5 people - any suggestions?

Archived