best of cayman island tour

justlindal1

the best of cayman island tour . Has anyone done this? DD and DH want to snorkel and I don't want to do that. I think I would enjoy the rum place and the turtle place and to "go to hell and back". Do not want to do stringrays. thanks

Last time we were in Cayman, we did a tour that took us to Hell, Turtle Farm and Rum Cake Factory.

Pretty much a waste of time and money.

Hell was pretty silly. Just a bunch of black rocks and gift shop selling all sorts of "Hell" stuff.

Rum Cake Factory was really just a gift store that sells Rum Cakes. FYI, most ships sell the exact same ones in their own gift shops.

Turtle Farm was a little bit interesting, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again.

We did the Stingrays, Snorkeling and Rum Point Beach last week and LOVED it!

I always have fun on those type of tours, even though they're not the most exciting or unique of days. I get bored just sitting on the beach waiting for DH to return from a dive, and I can only shop so much. :D

While I haven't been on that island tour, I've been to all the stops on it on my own. The turtle farm is really interesting and makes for some great photo ops. The rum cakes are yummy and the factory has the best selection of samples around. Hell is a great postcard stop...we always take first time visitors there. Take some pre-printed address labels for whoever you want to send postcards to, and you can send out quite a few even in a brief stop.

The other advantage to a tour of that sort is that you'll get to do a bit of sightseeing as you drive from place to place. It's a nice way to look around a bit without having to walk or rent a car.

We did this tour years ago (thinking about it, we were on our cruise this very week) We were a group of 7 first time cruisers with 3 teens. It was a good way to see several places but I wish we had more time at the turtle farm. It was very rushed. We did the Trolley Roger this past January. It is only an hour but we really enjoyed the tour with a brief stop at a small beach for photos. I would recommend both of these tours for someone wanting an easy excursion that doesn't involve water.

MicksMom

Archived