Splitting the Room Account

Lobez

I am traveling on the Caribbean Princess in 3 weeks with a group of 22. I have my 16 year old son in a cabin with a relative, and we are looking to have the charges for each person on separate credit cards. I know that at the end of the cruise each cabin receives a detailed account of room charges broken down by passenger, and I am looking to use separate credit cards for each. Has anyone had any experience with this? Also, how difficult is it to adjust room assignments once on board? Thanks

I am traveling on the Caribbean Princess in 3 weeks with a group of 22. I have my 16 year old son in a cabin with a relative, and we are looking to have the charges for each person on separate credit cards. I know that at the end of the cruise each cabin receives a detailed account of room charges broken down by passenger, and I am looking to use separate credit cards for each. Has anyone had any experience with this? Also, how difficult is it to adjust room assignments once on board? Thanks

No problem at all. When you check in, just register your son under your credit card and his room charges will be billed to you. He will receive a seperate charge sheet the final night, but it will go on your credit card and not his room mates. ;)

On the second day of the cruise go to the pursers desk and request a printout of your son's charges to make sure everything is charged as you want it.

The charges go to the cabin key card used for any on-board purchases. The auto-tip is also charged to each individual. For us, at the end of the cruise, the total from one account is first transferred to the pax listed as "owner" of the card and then charged to that credit card.

No problem at all. When you check in, just register your son under your credit card and his room charges will be billed to you. He will receive a seperate charge sheet the final night, but it will go on your credit card and not his room mates. ;)

Also, you can place a limit (at the purser's desk) on the daily amount that your son charges. One parent found that his son was charging all sorts of things on the card (mocktails, items in the stores, treating friends) without his parent's knowledge and they got a much larger than desired bill at the end. :eek: I make no representations as to the behavior of your son, but only mention this if you have any concerns.

As far as the second part of your question, I assume you are talking about two people from the same group changing places. People do that all the time. They book two husbands in one cabin, and two wives in another. You will have to check in that way, but just go to the passenger services desk onboard and have the cabin assignments changed.

My experience with Princess (only once so far, but am booked for a future Princess cruise) was that they mixed up the cards (my charges were going to my cabin mate's card and hers were going to mine) when I attempted to do this last time. You'll have to give them the cards when you embark, but I would wait for a short line at the Purser's Desk within the first couple of days and ensure that the charges are going to the appropriate cards.

Archived