Beach in Cozumel close to Carnival pier?

RICKnVICK

Does anyone have any information regarding a nice beach right by the shops and where Carnival ports? Thanks!

I would check the Cozumel forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Do a search for "beach" or "beaches" and you should be able to find something. Have fun! Cozumel is a great day--I was there on my first cruise, and I don't remember where we went. We just hopped in a cab and went to a beach, but you can probably get a good recommendation on the boards.

You can also go to Chankanaub, a national park. They have a large beach, snorkling (you can rent the gear), a swim with the dolphins-which is fun to do or watch, restaurants, shops, they used to have a bungee trampoline (Don't know if they still do), etc., etc. Don't know what the charge to get in is now, used to be $10@. The cab fare is posted when you get off the ship. Go to Chankanaub.com and find out more info and check the port info here.

There are TONS of stores and shops right at the port.

You wouldn't want to swim within sight of the ship/port...dirty!

It is not dirty.

As soon as you walk off the pier, turn left...there is a very small beach a short walk away...sort of out front of Pancho's Backyard. A few lounge chairs, clean sand and enough water to get wet....and it's free.

Archived