Excursion Advice: Ocho Rios and George Town

Tggrtoes

Hi everyone - my computer is wacky today, so the search feature is doing weird things for me, so I apologize in advance if this has been asked repeatedly. :D

I think we are close to finalizing our late-October cruise. Ironically, it's the itinerary we really wanted (Ocho Rios), but given that we will have our 2 year old DS with us, I'm not sure we'll do the falls. DH wanted to leave him in Camp Carnival while we did that, but I felt reluctant about that - and when someone here mentioned the possibility of him being alone on the ship if we had an accident or something, I put that kabosh on that real fast! :D

Ideas/advice/thoughts on Ocho Rios and George Town (Caymans)? We are perfectly happy just staying on ship or just walking around if there are places close to port. BUT... if anyone has ideas of things that would be good to do with a 2 year old, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks everyone!

Grand Caymans are VERY safe, and clean! Walk around the town, go to the beach...no excursions needed!

Jamaica....I'm not sure what you could do with a 2 year old there. NO, you don't want to do the Falls with him.

That may be a great day to stay on the ship (no crowds--private "yacht" feel!) and enjoy that which you've PAID for!

The Falls are do-able with young children, just not literally climbing them. While we were in Ocho Rios (DD was 3-ish) we booked a van/driver, who took us to the Falls, Fern Gully, a Botanical Garden, and the beach. While at the Falls, we opted to start at the top then WALK down the stairs to the bottom. The stairs run alongside the Falls, so you can watch others attempting to climb the Falls. At the bottom is a nice beach.

Just a thought--don't count Ocho Rios out quite yet!

CeleBrat

Archived