hot tub in alaska dress

Silly question maybe but after reading some of the other posts about dress code and ambiance here goes -- what do people wear from their cabin to the pool deck? my swimsuit coverup is for warm weather, and I don't know if using the provided bathrobe is acceptable. or if I need to pack something like sweats. We would like to contribute to enjoying the atmosphere, not detract from it.

On our Alaska cruise last month, there was one morning when the naturalist said we'd be passing through a frequent whale feeding area starting at 5 a.m., and lot of people got up early to spend time in the observation lounge looking for whales. (We ended up seeing little that morning; more whales at other times -- oh well. Regent served a nice continental breakfast in the lounge, and it was fun anyway.) Going out on deck, with the ship moving at full speed, was quite cold and windy; I was wearing all my layers, including cap and gloves when I went outside. But there was a couple there in bathrobes! :eek: I'm not sure how they managed to stay outside in the cold wind as long as they did, but I can't imagine anyone was bothered -- and some of us were amused. You need not worry about your daytime attire on the ship; if walking the halls in a bathrobe won't cause you any embarrassment, then do it.

-- Eric

Archived