Do you travel with a good luck charm?

sherizel

So before my first cruise I bought myself and friends these cute Cruise Addict ornaments. My one friend who has cruised many times before brought this ornament with her on the cruise. She said a lot of people travel with "knick knacks," kind of like good luck charms. Do you bring anything with you like that?

ry%3D400

I do!!!! I call him DH and he even will carry my bag for me if I whine:p

Otherwise my only good luck charm is a bottle of Baileys ;)

That sounds more like a good luck charm for your hubby.:D:cool:

Dianne

Not a good luck charm per say but we do have a gnome that travels with us.

George has been all around the world. My friend's love taking him traveling -- as do I.

He's the same size as a beer bottle and super light weight.

3698852766_7b7f7a47da_o.jpg

Not a good luck charm per say but we do have a gnome that travels with us.

George has been all around the world. My friend's love taking him traveling -- as do I.

He's the same size as a beer bottle and super light weight.

3698852766_7b7f7a47da_o.jpg

I *SO* want to start doing something like this! Even if it's like a sock monkey or something...any little thing you can take a picture with in some spectacular places.

I bet you've got quite the collection of neat photos!

I *SO* want to start doing something like this! Even if it's like a sock monkey or something...any little thing you can take a picture with in some spectacular places.

I bet you've got quite the collection of neat photos!

It's really fun. He was the mascot for a stagette that I planned in Vegas last year and then we started bringing him on all our trips.

It makes me really happy to see other people taking similar pics. :)

http://roaming-george.blogspot.com/

Here's George's blog -- I'm too lazy to update it anymore but there are some fun pics on there. Plus he's on Facebook now and there are TONS of people who take gnomes/sock mockeys etc traveling.

“Humfrey” our stuffed bear accompanies us on all of our vacations and cruises.We collect lapel pins from the ports, ships, and other vacation attractions to pin on his t-shirt. Our cabin stewards always get a kick out of him.

Cheryl

While I'd consider this more of a mascott than a good luck charm, we have started taking our Travel Troll with us.

2102843420056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

2787691650056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

2604030180056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

2211626900056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

2508342440056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

2278678150056668207S600x600Q85.jpg

ok.. this is absolutely the funniest thing i have seen on CC ever.. the bathtub scene with the rose petals.. deserves an award..

But to the whole thread.. you are all crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it!

It's really fun. He was the mascot for a stagette that I planned in Vegas last year and then we started bringing him on all our trips.

http://roaming-george.blogspot.com/

Here's George's blog -- I'm too lazy to update it anymore but there are some fun pics on there.

George is such a well-traveled gnome ~ I wonder how many frequent-flier miles he would be eligible for?!

Thanks for sharing that link, I really enjoyed it!

George is such a well-traveled gnome ~ I wonder how many frequent-flier miles he would be eligible for?!

Thanks for sharing that link, I really enjoyed it!

Thanks Kathy! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish I could get frequent-flyer miles for all his trips. :) ps - I like your upcoming cruise! We're on the Valor later in November.

Let's see some more pics people! I loved the troll in the bathtub!

I'm planning on taking a St. Christopher medal which has been blessed by my priest. He is the Patron Saint of travelers.

st.jpg

I travel for a living and always wear a tiny St. Christopher pendant. I hardly ever take that necklace off. When there is a rare occasion that I need to wear a different necklace, then I wear a ring that has a very small St. Christopher on it. So one or both of these are with me when I cruise too!

Archived