Eating after embarkation in Alaska

monkeyrat100

I'm sailing on the Diamond Princess to Alaska and the ship doesn't leave until 9:30pm. I know that embarkation starts at noon, but I won't be able to make it onto the ship until like 3:30pm at the earliest. I was wondering if lunch will still be served in the Horizon Court at that time.

I'm sailing on the Diamond Princess to Alaska and the ship doesn't leave until 9:30pm. I know that embarkation starts at noon, but I won't be able to make it onto the ship until like 3:30pm at the earliest. I was wondering if lunch will still be served in the Horizon Court at that time.

Yes the HC will be open and on into dinner time. :)

Quick question! We will not board the Sapphire until 7:00p and the ship sails at 9:30p (we are doing the Princess land tour prior and our estimated arrival to the embarkation port is 6:30p). What time is the muster drill? Can we eat in the dining room after the drill?

TIA!

I don't know when the muster drill is, but it will not conflict will dinner. On most ships, dinner follows the normal schedule on embarkation day. If so, you would miss early Traditional. If you have that, then you could go to the buffet. Room service is another choce, but the menu is limited if you do not have a suite.

If you have Anytime or Second seating, you eat as any other night.

We have been on Princess cruises where all dining rooms were open seating on the first night when there was a late sailing. This was to allow those on tours to have dinner in the dining room and not have to go to HC.

And the pizza and grill (hamburgers, great fries if freshly cooked, hotdogs.) are open till 6pm.

When we sailed the Sapphire from Whittier the muster drill was at about 8 pm, and dinner was open seating that evening. Cannot be sure that it will be the same this year, but rest assured that you will be able to enjoy dinner in one of the dining rooms the evening that you embark.

Quick question! We will not board the Sapphire until 7:00p and the ship sails at 9:30p (we are doing the Princess land tour prior and our estimated arrival to the embarkation port is 6:30p). What time is the muster drill? Can we eat in the dining room after the drill?

TIA!

Muster is at 8p, yes you can eat in the anytime dining room. :)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much for your quick responses. We do have anytime dining. I just wanted to make sure we would have enough time after the drill to eat in the dining room.

Thanks for all your help! You guys/ladies ROCK!

Muster drill usually takes about 15 or 20 minutes. So you should be at the dining room 8:30 or so. Note that there may be a large number of passengers heading to dinner after the muster drill, so there could be a line.

Archived