**i need some last minute help/suggestions**

bflandry317

We are taking a family cruise on July 16 - Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. This is our first time cruising with our 1 year old. I just have a few things I want to ask.

- How did you pack your baby's formula, food, juice, water? I'm not sure if I should have it in a carry-on; especially the water and juice b/c I don't want it to burst with the handling of the luggage.

- Was it hard to bathe your child in the shower in the inflatable tub? I have the inflatable duck tub that a lot of ppl have been talking about. Did it take up a lot of space in the bathroom, did you have to inflate and deflate daily, and did you bring an air pump or inflate by mouth?

Any other suggestions or tips would be helpful when traveling with a 1 year old.

Thanks,

Brandi

I did a road trip all over Spain right for my Daughter first birthday, I was worried about the formula, because she didn't tolerated all formulas, so I bought the biggest size fromula can and took with me (of course that didn't last and I ended buying one in Spain, some Nestle brand and she was OK). I used a dispenser for the day (those one with three or four compartments and are sold in every store, even grocery stores) to carry the right amount of formula and just pour in the bottle. Used the disposable bottles and "trained" my DD to dring room temperature formula and food (in case that you are still warming her bottle). You will have bottle water in the ship.

Diappers I bought a large package, opened and place diappers wherever they fit, all over the baggages. But I did have the option to buy it in any place. You can always buy them in any port too. Juices, you will have in the ship...Food, I did took some jars with me, but she was already eating food table at that time, so it wasn't a problem. You are not flying, so it won't be a big deal to have it in your carry-on, if you take a plane, then you can't have too many with you, they will confiscated it.

We didn't take the duck tub with us (didn't even thought about that) so she got showers with me. She did the same for our cruise when she was two. But a lot of people here say that it is perfect, hope that someone answer thos questions.

We are taking a family cruise on July 16 - Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. This is our first time cruising with our 1 year old. I just have a few things I want to ask.

- How did you pack your baby's formula, food, juice, water? I'm not sure if I should have it in a carry-on; especially the water and juice b/c I don't want it to burst with the handling of the luggage.

They have juice on board and you can use the tap water, so you can avoid bringing the liquids.

- Was it hard to bathe your child in the shower in the inflatable tub? I have the inflatable duck tub that a lot of ppl have been talking about. Did it take up a lot of space in the bathroom, did you have to inflate and deflate daily, and did you bring an air pump or inflate by mouth?

The duck tub is the perfect way to bath a toddler. Blow it up by mouth, and then it has a suction cup on it so it can be hung on the shower wall out of the way when not in use (or I put it on the toilet when I was taking a shower).

If your child is using bottles or sippy cups, bring more than enough in case one or more get lost, since they're not available on board. Same with diapers - bring way more than enough.

Best,

Mia

If you're not flying, get one of those plastic storage containers, put all the "baby" stuff in it, and check it with the porters...they will get it to your room. (Tape it closed, tho, so nothing spills!!!)

If you ARE flying, I'd use an entire suitcase for baby's things.....

Depending on when you get to the ship, just bring a diaper bag onboard with you, to tide you over until the luggage arrives.

I poured formula in a large zip bagie and double bagged it... saved weight with the can (although if you aren't flying, that wouldn't be an issue). I did bring some extra ziploc bags (small size) to put snacks from the buffet in (strawberries, etc.) for later. I also brought some gerber graduates type snacks. I did not bring juice or water as pp have said - you can use theirs.... the water is filtered.

As someone else said, make sure you bring several sippy cups and know that your little one likes the kind you bring. (Someone that was on our last cruise brought new ones and her kid wouldn't use them and was stuck). I purchased the take and toss stuff and just tossed the sippies as we went so I didn't have to bring them home. Oh - and bring some liquid soap in a travel container to wash stuff. If your little one likes using a straw, bring some bendy straws.

I went to the port of call boards and figured out where I could buy more diapers and we went and did that at one port.

I followed others suggestions of packing DS' clothes each day (each outfit) in a ziploc baggie. This kept everything organized and together. Others have suggested taking an over the door shoe organizer for in-room... we didn't and were fine, although we had a junior suite.

When my son was little I packed a brand new can of formula in luggage - inside a ziplock. Thank goodness because it got crushed and spilled out. But we had flown, so it wasn't really feasible to keep it in the carry-on - too much to carry as it was!

As for a cruise, we are going on Princess in less than 2 weeks (YEAH!) and have filled out a baby food order form for some jarred fruits and veggies, juices, and boxed cereal - just for those times you need something. I will bring my own cheerios to keep her busy/happy as needed, as they don't always have them out at breakfast.

As everyone else says, the water on board is fine.

Our almost 10 mo old is happy to shower with me or daddy. But we are packing a tiny blow up pool for her anyway - for on deck with a little water from the shower to play in and maybe a bath or two in the cabin since she loves baths so much.

Jen

I poured formula in a large zip bagie and double bagged it... saved weight with the can (although if you aren't flying, that wouldn't be an issue). I did bring some extra ziploc bags (small size) to put snacks from the buffet in (strawberries, etc.) for later. I also brought some gerber graduates type snacks. I did not bring juice or water as pp have said - you can use theirs.... the water is filtered.

As someone else said, make sure you bring several sippy cups and know that your little one likes the kind you bring. (Someone that was on our last cruise brought new ones and her kid wouldn't use them and was stuck). I purchased the take and toss stuff and just tossed the sippies as we went so I didn't have to bring them home. Oh - and bring some liquid soap in a travel container to wash stuff. If your little one likes using a straw, bring some bendy straws.

I went to the port of call boards and figured out where I could buy more diapers and we went and did that at one port.

I followed others suggestions of packing DS' clothes each day (each outfit) in a ziploc baggie. This kept everything organized and together. Others have suggested taking an over the door shoe organizer for in-room... we didn't and were fine, although we had a junior suite.

I love the idea of putting the formula in ziplock bags to save space and also taking snacks from the buffet. Also I think I will purchase a over the door shoe organizer to help us stay organized...things could get crazy with a 1 year old in a ocean view room.

Thanks again for all of your ideas!!!!

Archived