Conquest Anytime Dining Question

This may have been discussed before but I had specific questions I didn't find answers to. I really appreciate all the information I find on these boards.

Is there more than one dining room for passengers with set dining times (early or late seating)? We have chosen anytime dining for our Cruise Jan 24, 2010 and wondered if we have to go to a specific dining room to be seated. I noticed there is a Monet and Renoir dining room on this ship. Are they both the same? Will we be able to go to either one (if there's a wait for one, can we try the other)? I also really want to try The Point Supper Club one night for a special treat.

Thanks for any feedback on the anytime dining questions and if you've had any good or bad experiences with this choice.

Wish January would hurry and get here !!!!

Is there more than one dining room for passengers with set dining times (early or late seating)? We have chosen anytime dining for our Cruise Jan 24, 2010 and wondered if we have to go to a specific dining room to be seated. I noticed there is a Monet and Renoir dining room on this ship. Are they both the same? Will we be able to go to either one (if there's a wait for one, can we try the other)? I also really want to try The Point Supper Club one night for a special treat.

Anytime dining space will only be alloted in one dining room, so no, you will not be able to go back and forth between dining rooms. One dining room is at the very back of the ship and the other is towards the middle. We have always had the one at the back, but have walked through the other one and it is pretty much the same. The Point is not to be missed. Make your reservations in advance or as soon as you get on board. You will not regret it.

We just returned home Sunday from the Conquest and had the Anytime Dining.

Monet dining room is only early and late seating from what we were able to figure out. Monet is a much larger dining room and has a much better view from both upstairs and down. It's at the back of the ship and does rattle a lot from the engine. We had this dining room the first time we sailed on Conquest.

Renoir dining room has early and late seating downstairs, and Anytime dining upstairs. While we loved the flexibility of having Anytime dining, we had the worst view of all. Downstairs in Renoir actually has windows with a view. We were upstairs in Renoir and had a view of the Muster stations and the Lifeboats. We could see a tiny bit of sky between the lifeboats enough to know if the sun was still up, but that was it.

I'm sure each sailing is set up differently depending upon how many people select the Anytime Dining.

If a good view is essential, I'd select an Early or Late Dining. If you don't mind the rumbling of the engine, try to get into the Monet Dining room.

If you don't care about the view, and flexibility is the most important thing to you, request Anytime dining.

Since we already had a Balcony cabin, the view during dinner was not as important to us. We also LOVED being able to choose our daily activities first, then figure out when we would go to dinner.

Hope this helped.

Thanks so much for the info. We've already changed once from early to anytime dining so I guess we'll leave it at that since that's what others in our group had chosen. We now have more family and friends going too so everyone will probably want to eat at different times anyway. I always enjoy meeting different people so it will be nice getting a different table each night; but it's also nice if you get a really good table with a good view and fun tablemates - that can't be beat either. We have a balcony too, so the view at dinner won't be as important to us. We also won't have to rush back to the ship to get dressed for dinner after being in port. Thanks again for the help.

Archived