What to do in Bayonne, NJ?

k74

We will be getting in on Saturday morning prior to our cruise from Bayonne to Bermuda. Any suggestions on things to do between our flight arrival and ship boarding time?

In Elizabeth NJ, which is close to EWR there is a large outlet mall called Jersey Gardens.

I would go into New York via the train from Newark. It lets you off near 42nd street I believe.

There is absolutely nothing to do in Bayonne except going to Cape Liberty.

You can go to Liberty State Park, there is the Liberty Science Center and I believe a ferry that can take you to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Another option is going into Manhattan...there is plenty to do there! :D Have a great cruise!

Go right to the Explorer and start your vacation you will be on the ship in no time don't waste it in Bayonne. Polarismom of 4 (from NJ)

I concur - also from NJ! Go to NYC, or Liberty Science Center if you have oodles of time but you should be able to board around 10:30 - 11:30! Have a great cruise!

Personally, I would board the ship and not run the risk of getting stuck in crowds, traffic, etc. before your departure. I think they let us on at noon. Just be careful when you go into your cabin as the carpet could still be wet.

Save the sightseeing for after the cruise if you wish. Be advised that if you want to go in the Statue of Liberty that you must reserve beforehand. (I think it was a month in advance.) I believe you can reserve tickets over the internet and then pick them up at the call window.

Archived