Best Westerns in Paris?

kaerofan

I'm looking at spending 2 nights precruise in Paris - but wow, the prices!!

I can use my airmiles to book a room at a Best Western, does anyone have any recommendations? There are several listings and since I've never been I don't know what is good and what is bad? I'm travelling with my mom and my 7 year old and since we're only going to be there for a short time I'm looking for something in a good location (very walkable to the main attractions) and clean, close to restaurants,etc.

I'm looking at spending 2 nights precruise in Paris - but wow, the prices!!

I can use my airmiles to book a room at a Best Western, does anyone have any recommendations? There are several listings and since I've never been I don't know what is good and what is bad? I'm travelling with my mom and my 7 year old and since we're only going to be there for a short time I'm looking for something in a good location (very walkable to the main attractions) and clean, close to restaurants,etc.

I know there are a few of them and if you can find one in the 1arr it will be a good location for you,but know the rooms are sometimes really small and yes, the prices can be high...check out of this link re area and price and put Best Western in the search..

Hotels, hotel reservations, from luxury to cheap hotels - venere

We have stayed at the Best Western L'Horset Opera a couple of times. It is a very nice hotel and is convenient to the major sites. The Best Western hotels in Europe are much nicer than stateside. Most are in historic buildings with a lot of charm. If you can book with points, I don't think you will be disappointed.

These are the most central Best Westerns - all close to main sights & restaurants:-

Ducs de Bourgogne, Paris 75001

Louvre Saint Honore, Paris 75001

Louvre Piemont, Paris 75001

Malte Opera, Paris 75002

Louvre Opera, Paris 75001

L'Horset Opera, Paris 75002

The smaller the number generally indicates the centrality of the hotel. I wouldn't recommend booking anything in the larger numbers as these will be less central, if that is important to you. Hotels in Arondissement numbers 9 & 10 can be in a bit of a dodgy area, not recommended for a 7 year old !! (or possibly gran also.)

Look also at the "Accor" chain of hotels. This is a french chain - like Best Western they are fairly standard, and don't ooze charm, but they are kept to a standard, are clean etc. These hotels exist in a number of countries and are good if you are just looking for a place to sleep, and will be busy in the day. An Ibis Hotel is very adequate and there are lots of these in France (slightly better quality in this chain are Mercure and Sofitel).

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/home/index.shtml

You probably will get more responses if you post in the British Isles/Western Europe forum rather than the Mediterranean forum.

I have been told that this is incorrect now under the new system. I apologize for any confusion I have created by thinking logically rather than cruisecritically!:D

Archived