tipping

resolute

I definitely recommended tipping as Disney suggests because that's how these people make their living, it really hurts their paycheck when people stiff them. We've had great servers, asst. servers, and stateroom hosts' who make it easy to fork over the tip, they've gone above and beyond. On the cruise we just returned from this morning, our stateroom host was great but the others we tipped were just good, not amazing. I'd like to keep the money, but it's for the service they provided, which was decent so go for it, you won't regret tipping them. Have a blast! We love it every single time!

Are you saying that on a three day cruise the room stewards suggested tip is $12 x 3 people in the room for a total of $36?

I just wish they would pay them more and we could do away with tipping. I mean what's another $100+/- in the cost of the cruise.

Sorry, that's just the way the entire (non-luxury) cruise industry works. When people are comparing prices, it would be silly for Disney to include tipping in their price if their competitors don't, making them look more expensive. I suspect, though, that it won't be long until Disney joins with some of the others and adds an autotip.

Here is the DCL official info on gratuties:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night Dining Room Server $12.00 $16.00 $28.00 Dining Room Asst. Server $9.00 $12.00 $21.00 Dining Room Head Server $3.00 $4.00 $7.00 Stateroom Host/Hostess $12.00 $16.00 $28.00Personally I think children are more work for the servers and room stewards than adults (in general). They will give you a sheet on the next to last day with the recommended gratuities per person, which you can just charge to your room. You can also adjust the amounts up or down as you find appropriate.

We have sailed Disney twice, and both times we were overwhelmed by their "above-and-beyond" service! Especially, when it comes to the attention they give the children. You'll see! Both times we ended up tipping a lot MORE than the recommended amount. You probably will, too! Enjoy your cruise!

They will give you a sheet on the next to last day with the recommended gratuities per person, which you can just charge to your room. You can also adjust the amounts up or down as you find appropriate.

This akes it so much easier. Thanks for the info

Are you saying that on a three day cruise the room stewards suggested tip is $12 x 3 people in the room for a total of $36?

I just wish they would pay them more and we could do away with tipping. I mean what's another $100+/- in the cost of the cruise.

One of the great things about cruises is thay you are offered a rare chance to pay someone who provides you with a service what you think that they are worth after they have completed their service to you. The tipping system also helps to improve the quality of service on ships by regulating the retention of certain crew. If you receive excellent service, you are encouraged to tip more. This provides an almost immediate reward to the excellent crew members, encouraging them to do more good work and stay with the line. Conversely, if you receive truly rotten service, it's good to reduce their tip to somewhere below the recommended. This punishes bad service and the crew member is encouraged to improve or leave thus improving the level of service for future cruisers. Note that in no way am I encouraging looking for excuses to stiff someone so you can save a few bucks not that you would do that ;).

This system improves the cruise experience for all future cruisers and we thank you for using due diligence in your tipping responsibilities

Never to get into a tipping debate, so I will just answer the question.

YES..... You tip for every single breathing body on the ship; including infants. It is exspected. I have been cruising with DCL since DD was 2 and we still tipped for her.:)

Archived