Mariner 1/17/2010

Booked on Mariner to Pacific Mexico. We love the Caribbean but I wanted to try somewhere different. My husband is not very exited about this itinerary. He says the pacific is "cold and dirty". Tell me it won't be a "told you so" cruise vacation!:eek:

The Mexican Riviera is quite different than the Caribbean and January won't be quite as warm as the Southern Caribbean. However, I prefer that area because of the friendly people that you meet on shore and the nice 'cool' climate in the winter.

The Mexican Riviera is quite different than the Caribbean and January won't be quite as warm as the Southern Caribbean. However, I prefer that area because of the friendly people that you meet on shore and the nice 'cool' climate in the winter.

Cool is all relative. November through early spring is prime season for the Pacific coast of Mexico and while it won't be nearly as humid, it will still be nice and warm. Just not crazy hot, like in the summer months.

Chances are that in January, it will be cooler for the first day at sea, but will warm up the closer you get to your first destination. We LOVE Puerto Vallarta, and just spent 10 days there in October. That being said, Mexico is Mexico no matter how you look at it, and either you like it or you don't.

We did this itinerary on the Vision in late Oct./early Nov. of 2006 and it was sunny and very warm every day except the last sea day coming back into the wind. We did water activities in Cabo only and the water was great. In Mazatlan and PV we walked, shopped and drank our way through the towns and really had an enjoyable time.

Go the Roll Call boards and join for your cruise. Sign up for the Meet & Mingle. You can ask your roll call members for advice on excursions and things to do. Check out the Mexican Riviera boards for ideas.

Get him involved in the boards, too, if he will. You will learn a lot from CC.

I have been to the MR twice, and am going again two weeks after you. I cannot compare it to the Caribbean, but hey, you are on a cruise and it will be a different experience. The Mariner is a fantastic ship, too.

I hope your husband isn't determined not to have a good time, otherwise, I would have to volunteer to take his place!:D

Thanks for the replies. We do love Mexico!

If you do love Mexico, then you will love it. Puerto Vallarta is a great city with great people. Cabo is probably the cleanest city I have been to in Mexico, and in Mazatlan, you just need to know where to go. It was this very cruise itinerary that convinced us to spend 10 days in PV, and I would love to go back to Cabo as well.

Archived