Seattle

Kschn3671

How is the transportation at the port for once you get off a Celebrity Cruise in Seattle? I have been reading some reviews and people having be saying that there is 2 hour waits for taxi cabs?

I am in Concierge Class and know that you can get Priority disembarkment. How early can you get off? Would it be better to stay on as late as you can and hope that the crowds getting taxis would die down?

We are staying in Seattle the night after thr cruise so we dont have to rush to the airport?

If anybody has suggestions on how to get to our hotel after the cruise (We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites in Seattle) I would appreciate it.

We just returned from the Infinity. We had set up town car service in advance -- the fare was the same as a taxi. We did notice lots of taxi's and car services on hand for hire. you shouldn't have any problems getting transportation. We were in CC, but took our time leaving the ship. We left our carry-on's in the cabin, went to a relaxing breakfast, and then picked up our things and left the ship. It was very smooth and easy at that point and the crowds and early flight folks had already left the area.

Have a great cruise...you are gonna love it!

How is the transportation at the port for once you get off a Celebrity Cruise in Seattle? I have been reading some reviews and people having be saying that there is 2 hour waits for taxi cabs?

I think most of the problems are with the new terminal. Celebrity normally sails to/from pier 66, and it's in the middle of town, so cabs, busses and shuttles are abundant. Pier 90, the new terminal is north of town, and there's nothing else around it, so the supply/demand equation is different. Celebrity had some cruises at Pier 90 durring the Mexican cruise relocations, but for the Alaska season, their all back at 66.

For a very detailed look at Seattle, hotels, transport, etc.. Head over to the West Coast Departures board. There is a thread on Seattle by SeattleCruiseLover that holds everything you've ever wanted to know about Seattle.:D

There are so many choices for you, a shuttle, cab or pre arranged transportation. We waited to get off because like you we did not have to rush. We had our breakfast, went to our disembarkation station and was off the ship, with our luggage and at our hotel before 10:30. We got a cab (which were in abundance) outside the terminal. We had a great time. Enjoy your cruise!!!!:D

I have sailed from Seattle 3 times and never had a 2 hour wait:eek:

Maybe that was Pier 91? Celebrity sails from Pier 66 and there are

plenty of cabs out front:D...never had a problem.

You should have no problem with transportation in Seattle, the taxi's are plentiful and the drivers (or at least all that I've come into contact with) are friendly and knowledgeable of the city. You can even call one of the taxi services and make arrangements for them to pick you up at the port. I believe the two in Seattle are named Yellow and Orange Cabs.

While in Seattle and if the weather is good, you'll won't want to miss Pike's Place Market! You can purchase all kinds of fresh fish and have it packed to take home. Each year, we alway's pick up at least one large halibut and have it packed for the trip home..yummy!

Have a great cruise and I hope you enjoy Seattle on your return.

Jody

Archived