Messina to Taormina

savannah sue

We will be docking in Messina Sunday Aug 16 2009 on HAL OOsterdam and want to share taxis/van to visit Taormina for the afternoon. Does anyone know how available taxis are at port? Approx cost round trip? Travel time? Will taxi drop us off near town entrance or at bottom of elevator near train station? Any info greatly appreciated. SS

We will be docking in Messina Sunday Aug 16 2009 on HAL OOsterdam and want to share taxis/van to visit Taormina for the afternoon. Does anyone know how available taxis are at port? Approx cost round trip? Travel time? Will taxi drop us off near town entrance or at bottom of elevator near train station? Any info greatly appreciated. SS

When we were there last October there were no taxis at the seawall/terminal where we docked. Plenty available at the train staion (10-15 min walk).

If I were paying a taxi to Taormina, I would want them to drop me at the edge of the town - period - nowhere else. There is no elevator at the train station - it's either walk or take the bus to Taormina. Either way, it's a good climb!

Check the revew in the sig line below - we took the bus/train and it worked out fine!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we were there in june.

There are alot of taxis at the port, we hired one for 2 hours cost 100 euros, took us to taormina had an hour to look around took us back to messina showed us a couple of sights.

Taormina is not to be missed, not much in Messina.

Archived