traveling with a 13 year old 8/3 on the Enchantment

I posted this in the family section but figured I would post it here as well

My wife and I are taking our 13 year old daughter on the Enchantment on Aug 3 for a 5 day cruise and I was just curious if there was others who was traveling with an only child (preferable another girl) around the same age as my daughter. It would be great to find others that my daughter can interact with instead of just hanging out with the “boring” parents for 5 days “with no phone”.

Thanks

Have you seen if there's a roll call thread for your sailing? That's the easiest way to connect with folks on your exact sailing.

I posted this in the family section but figured I would post it here as well

My wife and I are taking our 13 year old daughter on the Enchantment on Aug 3 for a 5 day cruise and I was just curious if there was others who was traveling with an only child (preferable another girl) around the same age as my daughter. It would be great to find others that my daughter can interact with instead of just hanging out with the “boring” parents for 5 days “with no phone”.

Thanks

Here is a link to your roll call, doesn't look like any kids on here, but rest assured there will be kids

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=934445

Just make sure to have your daughter go to the teen meet & mingle they have the first night. Often times at this session the groups form and it can be more difficult (not impossible) to make friends afterwards. That first night they are in the same position, looking for friends.

Enjoy your cruise!

I just returned from a 7-day Mexican Riviera trip on the Mariner with my husband, mother-in-law, and 13 year old son. I was worried about him, an only child, spending more time with adults. We encouraged him to attend the young teens program (12-14 year olds) on the first night. He loved it! He met a great group of kids from all over the world. In fact, they have been in constant contact (texting and emailing) since the trip. My son was very sad to leave the ship and his friends.

I read advice on this board to make sure your child attends the first scheduled activities for their age group. It was great advice and I pass it on to you. I hope your daughter enjoys the new friendships that she will undoubtedly make on your cruise.

My daughter is now 22 so it was a few years ago but at age 13 we also took her on the enchantment. The was a website maybe "cruisemates" i found were kids could register the cruise they were on she emailed with them for a few weeks before the start of the cruise and actually they set a location the first night to meet and ended up with a group of about 10 and had a ball all week

Archived