Just back from the Pride...what I wish I knew about debarkation

BeachyLisa

Kruisecat,

A little anxious to be done with your vacation...1st one off ship? LOL!

Unfortunately this was a cruise with a "friend". We've been neighbors and friends for 4 years, but you know the old statement...you truly don't know someone until you've traveled with them...lol....and it was just time to get away from each other. But generally I'm not quite that anxious to get off the ship!

I was one of those people in the last group called group. I also have to say it was quite slow. But we sat on the Lido deck almost by ourselves enjoying the last bit of family time together before life gets in the way again.

I don't mean to be rude but I think some people on this cruise werent very good listeners. "Newcruiser" said they went and waited on deck 2. They asked people not to come to deck 2 untill you were called. Also when we were in Freeport. Kirk must have announced 5 time not to come to the gangway untill we were cleared. People kept going. I find if people just listen to what is being asked, things go much smoother. They have been doing this a long time and know what they are doing. Sorry for having to vent.

I was one of those people in the last group called group. I also have to say it was quite slow. But we sat on the Lido deck almost by ourselves enjoying the last bit of family time together before life gets in the way again.

I don't mean to be rude but I think some people on this cruise werent very good listeners. "Newcruiser" said they went and waited on deck 2. They asked people not to come to deck 2 untill you were called. Also when we were in Freeport. Kirk must have announced 5 time not to come to the gangway untill we were cleared. People kept going. I find if people just listen to what is being asked, things go much smoother. They have been doing this a long time and know what they are doing. Sorry for having to vent.

You are so correct. If people listen to the direction of the cruise staff things would go much smoother. I do not plan to do self debark. I want things to last as long as possible. When I get off it is back to reality.

Kevin

Hi Ruth Ann On our cruise in April, we were the last off the ship because someone we were traveling with went to have a smoke. It was ok because we had a 5:00 flight.

On this cruise as I said before we did self assist. Everyone around me did not having any problems with luggage. When we got to customs, they were having problems. They had one line for staff, one line for people from other countries, and one line for US citizens. On top of that, their computers were down. We had a short wait but we were off quick.

We stayed in our room until 9:00 am and then went down to the third deck where they had trouble with the speakers. So I think there was some technical problems all around.

Archived