Get Gramps Going!

My 80ish grandpa would really like to go on a cruise but is very hesitant because he has to have dialysis (?) 3 times a week. I told him that this shouldn't be a problem, did I lie? If it isn't how do I go about setting this up? Thanks all!:confused:

My 80ish grandpa would really like to go on a cruise but is very hesitant because he has to have dialysis (?) 3 times a week. I told him that this shouldn't be a problem, did I lie? If it isn't how do I go about setting this up? Thanks all!:confused:

You didn't exactly lie...but you didn't quite tell the truth. There is a company -- I believe it's called Dialysis at Sea -- who does this...for a price. You first should call your cruise line of choice, ask to talk to the folks in the special needs department, and see what and who they recommend.

You didn't exactly lie...but you didn't quite tell the truth. There is a company -- I believe it's called Dialysis at Sea -- who does this...for a price. You first should call your cruise line of choice, ask to talk to the folks in the special needs department, and see what and who they recommend.

I had no idea. I will defer to uppitycats response.

We went on a 2 week Panama Canal cruise on HAL earlier this year. We met a few people on board who were on dialysis and cruising. I was with my mom who is in her mid 70's. Glad we went because now she is on oxygen all the time and believes that her traveling days are over!

If gramps wants to go and has the means to do it I say go for it!

Archived