Are all Carnival ships this dangerous ???

BeachyLisa

Just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Pride and my biggest complaint is how dangerous the pool decks were. They are ice-rink slippery and the deck chairs are trecherous !! Every day we witnessed many many people slipping and sliding and stubbing toes and shins on the chairs. I can hardly imagine why Carnival would choose to not use a non-skid surface around the pools-I'm surprised they have not been sued !!:confused:

With signs all over the place and with deck footwear being recommended in all Carnival material, it would seem to me the rest is up to the passenger.

Nonskid surfaces require lots of maintenance on the open sea. The ship is not a swim club...it is a SHIP.

Wear proper footwear and watch where you're going.

Simple.

Over 250 cruises and I've never slipped, fallen, skid or come close.

We saw kid after kid fall on the Elation fall.....nope no alcohol:D

Teak wood and water.........slippery.....

I don't remember this being a concern on Princess ships. Actually I don't remember much about that cruise at all.

With signs all over the place and with deck footwear being recommended in all Carnival material' date=' it would seem to me the rest is up to the passenger.

Nonskid surfaces require lots of maintenance on the open sea. The ship is not a swim club...it is a SHIP.

Wear proper footwear and watch where you're going.

Simple.

Over 250 cruises and I've never slipped, fallen, skid or come close.[/quote']

In and out of the pool......footwear:rolleyes: Puleez....

I wonder if alcohol combined with being on a swaying ship has anything to do with it?

No, I think it's certain types of shoes. Most of the time, I had no issue at all with slipping and sliding, but when wearing one pair of shoes, I really had to watch my step.

I have been on all but 5 of the Carnival ships....(including the Pride) and I have never slipped once????

In the past 10 years alone that is 31 slipless cruises.....guess their ships are not dangerous after all.

Teak is a traditional wood for ships because it is durable. The staff cleans it daily, and the foot traffic would prevent moss or slime or other slippery stuff from taking hold.

I suppose putting down a non-skid surface would be possible but probably a lot harder to keep clean in that environment.

I'll take slippery over filthy.

I have been on all but 5 of the Carnival ships....(including the Pride) and I have never slipped once????

In the past 10 years alone that is 31 slipless cruises.....guess their ships are not dangerous after all.

I have never slipped either.........but I have been witnessed to it many times;)

Most shoes I have seen worn are flip flops, and most don't have a tread at all. I did buy a speedo pair with tread so hopefully I will be ok. But I always walk carefull around the pool, and watch those wood steps they are slick too especially after a DOD

I was on the 6-13 Pride sailing and we experienced the same thing. My buddy and I are both engineers and we kept talking about it all week how it just didn't make any sense. Why not have a non-slip surface near the pool area. Our kids kept falling on their .....and we saw lots of other adults and kids lose their footing throughout the week. Still loved it though. The Pride rocks.

Teak is a traditional wood for ships because it is durable. The staff cleans it daily, and the foot traffic would prevent moss or slime or other slippery stuff from taking hold.

I suppose putting down a non-skid surface would be possible but probably a lot harder to keep clean in that environment.

I'll take slippery over filthy.

In my mind, teak wood just looks better. The RCCL ships we've been on used some sort of spray non-skid surface and it looked pretty cheesy and wasn't that much more effective.

How are Carnival's ships' decks any different than what you might find at a local pool? I know that my town pool has tile around the pool and THAT can be extremely slippery :eek:. Just take caution and don't run (which is what I see a lot of kids do).

How are Carnival's ships' decks any different than what you might find at a local pool? I know that my town pool has tile around the pool and THAT can be extremely slippery :eek:. Just take caution and don't run (which is what I see a lot of kids do).

That's horrible...tile around a pool:confused: I know RCCL and Princess have skid proof decks...........

Several years back, while cruising with my dearly departed Mother, she slipped around the pool while disembarking. At the airport, we thought she was having a heart attack and she had to be rushed to the hospital. She broke two ribs. Very stressful day and trip home. We did notify Carnival, not asking for anything, just informing them of the situation. They did offer a $200.00 credit. Funny thing about it, it was the only time since that US Air actually was wonderful to a Pgher, making sure she was okay and that she was safe & comfortable on the flight home. Sending a pleasant thank you to everyone involved afterwards truly was appreciated. (Airport personnel, Paramedics and hospital crew) You never know, you have to be careful.

Well I must say in October wife and I cruise with 150 to 200 shaggers " the Dance " never had a problem with busting the butt :D . Pun intended.

I am and have always been concerned of how the parents let the kids wonder on lido with no shoes on. I have noticed kids in tears trying to find a cool spot for their tiny HOT feet. Never did see the parents.:eek:

Well I must say in October wife and I cruise with 150 to 200 shaggers " the Dance " never had a problem with busting the butt :D . Pun intended.

I am and have always been concerned of how the parents let the kids wonder on lido with no shoes on. I have noticed kids in tears trying to find a cool spot for their tiny HOT feet. Never did see the parents.:eek:

I have watched kids in and out of the pool slip and fall many times.......why would they be wearing shoes:confused:

I have watched kids in and out of the pool slip and fall many times.......why would they be wearing shoes:confused:

Actually, I should have been more precise. Kids are not always in the pools. Some just wonder around lido deck. Those are whom I speak of.

But you wear em when you want to .:D

Actually, I should have been more precise. Kids are not always in the pools. Some just wonder around lido deck. Those are whom I speak of.

But you wear em when you want to .:D

I know what you speak.........I could kill some of their parents:D:p:)

But that's a totally differant story........don't get me started:eek:

Archived