Anyone used Airforce1funtours in St. Thomas?

bellasdesk

Hi...just wondering if anyone has used Airforce1funtours in St. Thomas. I was looking for info. about Secret Harbor when I came across their website. Sounds very reasonable.Any input is greatly appreciated. We are debating between Secret harbor or Megan's bay for the day...any opinions as to which is better? Thanks!:):)

Hi...just wondering if anyone has used Airforce1funtours in St. Thomas. I was looking for info. about Secret Harbor when I came across their website. Sounds very reasonable.Any input is greatly appreciated. We are debating between Secret harbor or Megan's bay for the day...any opinions as to which is better? Thanks!:):)

Hi,

I asked the same question yesterday. If you scroll down on this thread there is one response. Also did a search on the board and very good comments about Air Force One (Pappa Bear). I've also used Godfrey and Sunny Liston, also great.

Debr

Hi,

I asked the same question yesterday. If you scroll down on this thread there is one response. Also did a search on the board and very good comments about Air Force One (Pappa Bear). I've also used Godfrey and Sunny Liston, also great.

Debr

Thanks debr...guess I missed it. I don't know how anyone plans without these boards. I feel like I am on here all the time!

Air Force One tours are great! We were there in December and Papa Bear really took care of us. We did the island tour + beach stop. It was so fun and the rates are very reasonable (especially considering what the taxis charge). I haven't been to either of the beaches you asked about, but on our tour Papa Bear gave us the option of going to Coki, Meagan's Bay, or Sapphire. When we asked him which one he'd recommend, he said Sapphire. So that's the one we went to and it was great. It had some pretty good snorkeling, the water was beautiful, it wasn't too crowded, and they had facilities. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. You might even send Papa Bear an e-mail and ask what he thinks - he certainly knows the island better than me! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked with Air Force one for our upcoming visit on August 26. I was concerned because we do not dock until 11 a.m. and the tours on his website depart at 9 a.m.

I believe we are the only ship in port this day so I was quite happy to get onboard with Pappa Bear after reading all the great reviews on this forum. I will post again when we get back in to let you know how we liked the tour. We are just doing the sightseeing tour and beach trip - not really interested in shopping so this tour was perfect for us.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Papa Bear can handle a group of 20 or more as he has more than one open air Jittney style bus. I had at least 20 which we arranged right here on our CC roll call thread.

I hope to use Papa Bear for just Beach transportation (which is a new option). I would trust him and he is very flexible. Even made a stop at Kmart for me!

Bon Voyage

I contacted Air Force One Tours to schedule a package with shopping and a beach visit. I was informed that only the island tour/beach package was available that day. Perhaps I will have more luck with one of the other tour operators.

I had a similar experience with him.

I filled out the form on the webstie, didnt get a response, and then a few days later emailed him. He informed me that he was not going to shopping that day, only island and beach. I said ok and then told him that I would lie to reserve a spot for two. He thentold me to fill out the form on the site.....again. :confused:

Since then Ive thought about renting a car and doing my own whirlwind tour - first thin in the morning catching the ferry to St. John, spending a little time at Trunks Bay, coming back over to the island a little before midday, checking out a few of the beaches on the north side (Coki, Sapphire, etc.), then heading to mountaintop for the ban. daq., and coming back to Havensight.

I think we might make it work simply because we want to see as much as we can - not stay at one beach for 3 hours.

Just thinking about it - havent fully decided.

I would have edited but the post wouldnt let me.

I meant beaches on the east side of the island.

So far Ive google mapped the destinations on St. Thomas, and it would be about 40 minutes round trip for all the spots on st thomas (of course I have to figure in traffic for late afternoon).

Now I have to figure the driving time on st john.

Archived