What should I pack extra

Shogun

Hi All,

We are used to flying with 40kg and two bits of carry on,

however this time we have 92kg two bits of carry out, plus two laptop size bags, plus two hand bags,

So what would you take that you have never taken before and wished you could.

Any tips what I should put in my hand bag as never had one before.

yours Shogun

Hi All,

however this time we have 92kg two bits of carry out, plus two laptop size bags, plus two hand bags,

yours Shogun

A spare pair of eye glasses. I lost mine in the surf in Bermuda and couldn't see for the entire trip. It was fun on a motor scooter when I was driving and DW was telling me where to turn and when to stop.

I wouldn't pack to the max allowed. Remember you have to tote all that stuff to and from the airport, plus you want to allow room for souvenirs.

If I could pack something extra, would pack some extra clothes for the Caribbean. I always seem to get hot and sweaty there any time of year, and I like changing into fresh clothes for afternoon tea.

I'd also pack a few extra books, and maybe a travel-size game like Scrabble if you like that kind of thing.

I always carry a pretty big handbag--really a tote--and put in there my camera and a folder with all my travel info (cruise tickets, flight itineraries, things I've printed out on ports, etc.). It's great to be able to pull those things out whenever needed. I also throw in some non-perishable snacks (apple, granola bar, small bags of pretzels) in case anyone gets hungry en route.

You already have too much!!!!!!!!! Go back to your usual 40kg for a seven day Caribbean. The 40kg is more than the two of us take on a seven day vacation and that includes mask and snorkel, books, and emergency umbrellas.

That time of year I'd still primarily take short sleeve shirts and a jacket to use while in Quebec. For 7 days, ditch half of the clothes you've planned to take and just take a couple of packs of laundry detergent to use in the self-serve laundry (or take advantage of the laundry bag deal during the cruise).

The hand bag would have medicine, camera, MP3 player, and some paperbacks to trade in the ship library. Leave enough room in each handbag to slip in a couple of bottles of wine you'll pick up before boarding the ship. With the luck I remember you've had with Princess and your luggage, you might want to throw a day's change of clothes in your carry on bag (just in case)!

I think Pam is right, takes layers of clothing. Mid-day it should be fine in Quebec but morning and evening it will be chilly. Sometimes the wind off the St Lawrence can be pretty cool. At least, it was last year when I was there. pj

A spare pair of eye glasses. I lost mine in the surf in Bermuda and couldn't see for the entire trip. It was fun on a motor scooter when I was driving and DW was telling me where to turn and when to stop.

Was that you causing the traffic jam on route 73?

How about an extra suite-case carrying a nice fluffy egg-crate in lieu of the thin ones currently being used (unless you're hardy folk who don't mind a firm mattress). Then you can pack an extra bottle of wine or two, secure in the knowledge that they are well cushioned in transit :D

Hi All,

yours Shogun

Just because you can, doesn't mean you have too!;) Remember that more extra room going means more room to purchase things while on your trip with room to take them home and not having to worry about where to put them or if you'll go over the weight limit.:D

If I had a lot of extra room I'd probably take an extra pair of shoes-but only one and probably a bit more clothing but not much more. The more you take the more you have to repack to go home and that's NOT fun:( The more we cruise the more we find we don't ever use those extras we used to think we needed to take "just in case" we wanted them.

Definately room to take those bottles of wine and a couple six packs of soda. Also some extra cool weather clothing for Quebec and sailing until you reach the warmer climate. End of Oct in Quebec you won't likely want short sleeve clothing but will be iffy in the daytime as to how cold it will feel but definately feeling pretty chilly in the evening and could also be during the daytime.

My handbag includes medications, passports, sailing docs, cash/creditcards, pen/pencil paper, kleenex, jewelry, sunglasses, hairbrush, cell phone. Our carryons for flying have a change of clothing for each of us, a book for each, each of our puzzle books, and sometimes a snack if a long flight, and usually misc. things that didn't fit in the suitcases.;) Before boarding the ship a six pack of soda gets added to the carryon and a bottle of wine. Those carryons are much fuller coming home filled with things we bought while we were vacationing that don't fit in the suitcases. :D

Sounds like a great trip!:)

Archived