Car Hire Auckland

cruzadict

We will be staying in auckland post cruise next January for 4 nights. We are thinking of hiring a car and driving to the Bay of Islands one day. Is this doable in one day and how easy is it driving around Auckland. Can we expect some good weather at the beginning of Jan?

We will be staying in auckland post cruise next January for 4 nights. We are thinking of hiring a car and driving to the Bay of Islands one day. Is this doable in one day and how easy is it driving around Auckland.

You are looking at a 240 km, 149 miles trip that takes about 4 hours 15 minutes; if I was you I would spend two days in the Bay of Islands then spend two days in Auckland, depending on what you want to do, as you could all ways spend 3 days in the Bay of Islands.

The driving around Auckland is OK, apart from the traffic can get bad at peek times (In the morning & in the evenings from about 5.00 - 5:30 pm)

Can we expect some good weather at the beginning of Jan?

That’s hard to say, as some years the weather at the beginning of Jan is great & other times it’s not so great, its just luck, but it should be warm!

Hope this is of some help :)

We will be staying in auckland post cruise next January for 4 nights. We are thinking of hiring a car and driving to the Bay of Islands one day. Is this doable in one day and how easy is it driving around Auckland. Can we expect some good weather at the beginning of Jan?

We are staying pre a December cruise in Auckland. we are having 2 nights in Auckland then have a hired car for the next 6 days. Going to bay of Islands for 2 days then to Tauranga for 2 days. Still unsure about the other 2 days. apparrently it is very easy driving in NZ and their "busy" is not what other countries mean by busy!!!!

We are staying pre a December cruise in Auckland. we are having 2 nights in Auckland then have a hired car for the next 6 days. Going to bay of Islands for 2 days then to Tauranga for 2 days. Still unsure about the other 2 days. apparrently it is very easy driving in NZ and their "busy" is not what other countries mean by busy!!!!

Kia ora,

The Bay of Islands, in the sub tropical north, and the Bay of Plenty are good choices where you will see the 'heartland'. If travelling to Tauranga, in the aptly named Bay of plenty, suggest you include include the Rotorua district, the North Island's 'must see' (www.rotoruaNZ.com). Among its' many attractions is the fact that it is the Maori cultural and spiritual heart of Aotearoa, has the country's geo-thermal area with boiling mud pools, hot water coming out of the ground, mountains, lakes (trout fishing?) etc.

Aquarians

In Auckland it is!!

Kia ora,

Thanks for including me in your friends list. By the time you get this you should be up to 1000 posts! Congratulations. The traffic is certainly a lot heavier than when I lived there. How about moving out of town & avoid traffic jams?

Aquarians.

Thanks for including me in your friends list.

:)

By the time you get this you should be up to 1000 posts! Congratulations.

Thank you :D

The traffic is certainly a lot heavier than when I lived there. How about moving out of town & avoid traffic jams?

Aquarians.

I am out of the city!! (I am in South Auckland), but the traffic around here can be bad!!!, especially before & after school.

Kia ora,

The Bay of Islands, in the sub tropical north, and the Bay of Plenty are good choices where you will see the 'heartland'. If travelling to Tauranga, in the aptly named Bay of plenty, suggest you include include the Rotorua district, the North Island's 'must see' (www.rotoruaNZ.com). Among its' many attractions is the fact that it is the Maori cultural and spiritual heart of Aotearoa, has the country's geo-thermal area with boiling mud pools, hot water coming out of the ground, mountains, lakes (trout fishing?) etc.

Aquarians

Oh, you have to go to Rotorua! We spent a week there last year and loved every minute. The people on the north island are so friendly and there is so many things to do around the area. Truly worth going to if you are going to NZ.

Hi

Last year after we got off the Sapphire Princess in Auckland we stayed on for 5 nights and hired a car. We travelled down to Rotorua for 3 nights and then back to Auckland for 2 nights. The car company suggested we hire a GPS and that was great, especially for getting around Auckland. It didn't cost a lot either.

Tania :)

Archived