2nd cruise discount?

Is there an incentive to book a cruise while you are a cruise?

Don't you get a discount on your 2nd cruise, 3rd,...etc.

When booking a future cruise onboard you will get OBC on that future cruise. However this can´t be combined with any other OBC like Platinum/Diamond balcony discount or stockholder credit.

You won´t get a discount on your 2nd cruise for being a repeat guest.

The only discount they give is for Platinum and up cruisers and it´s only for booking balcony cabins / suites. So you need 5 cruise credits to get there and it won´t help you with inside or oceanview cabins.

So for many people it´s getting useless to book onboard, while for others it still might be a good option.

Thank you for the info.. we are going on the FOS and have a sup/balc room, so i guess that helps.

Just to make sure, you won´t get any discount until you reach Platinum level in the Crown & Anchor society (RCI´s loyalty program).

You need to sign up for that, it´s not automatically done and you can join after your first cruise.

You will earn one cruise credit for each cruise you take and you can earn additional credits for cruising on sailings 12 nights or longer or sailing in a Junior Suite or higher. The maximum cruise credits that can be earned is three per sailing.

You will start out in category gold and reach Platinum after 5 completed cruise credits.

No discounts in gold levels! Having said this, with C&A there are coupons for special cruises and those are given in all levels, so if your sailing is one of those having a coupon you can apply that one - but again only after completing your first cruise and signing up for C&A.

I have joined up for C&A and have received a C&A number. After my cruise in September, by my calculation, I will have 5 credits (3 cruises, 2 of them in JS) so I will be Platinum.

My question is, how can I check out my status online? I read people talking about C&A online but I cannot see this on RCI UK website.

If I cannot check it online. Will C&A write to me after the cruise to confirm my new status?

Also, people talk about contacting C&A about their booking. What exactly is their function and is it available to Europeans?

I have joined up for C&A and have received a C&A number. After my cruise in September, by my calculation, I will have 5 credits (3 cruises, 2 of them in JS) so I will be Platinum.

My question is, how can I check out my status online? I read people talking about C&A online but I cannot see this on RCI UK website.

This information is not available to non-US guests.(Might be to Canadian but not us Europeans)

If I cannot check it online. Will C&A write to me after the cruise to confirm my new status?

Maybe, but certainly it could be month until they do. You can always send an email and ask to have your level confirmed

Also, people talk about contacting C&A about their booking. What exactly is their function and is it available to Europeans?

I think there is a C&A department in the UK. In regards to your booking they will only deal with you if you booked directly with RCI, otherwise you need to contact your TA. They won´t do much else than the regular representatives, but often they have better knowledge.

Sorry, OP, I need to piggy-back on your thread, but it is a similar question:

What sort of discount do platinums (we're just newly minted) get if we book a balcony and must we book it on the phone to get that discount? Thanks.

Sorry' date=' OP, I need to piggy-back on your thread, but it is a similar question: [/color']

What sort of discount do platinums (we're just newly minted) get if we book a balcony and must we book it on the phone to get that discount? Thanks.

It doesn´t matter how you book. You need to apply your C&A number and ask for the balcony discount.

Sorry can´t help with an amount. I do know thought the amounts vary with length of cruise.

Call or email Crown and Anchor.

But as you posted earlier, you are not sure if there is a C&A department in the UK. :(

To get around some of these problems, I have tried booking with a TA in USA but they cannot take our bookings.

We don't have this problem with other cruise lines, only RCI.

The latest problem I encountered was booking online with RCI UK. I prefer to book online, in English and pay in GBP. This is what I have done in the past. RCI evidently have got a new rule. You cannot book with RCI UK online if you are not a UK resident.

I don't see what it matters if my bank is in the UK. I am a UK citizen. But the fact that I now live in Spain means I cannot book with them online.

But as you posted earlier, you are not sure if there is a C&A department in the UK. :(

To get around some of these problems, I have tried booking with a TA in USA but they cannot take our bookings.

We don't have this problem with other cruise lines, only RCI.

The latest problem I encountered was booking online with RCI UK. I prefer to book online, in English and pay in GBP. This is what I have done in the past. RCI evidently have got a new rule. You cannot book with RCI UK online if you are not a UK resident.

I don't see what it matters if my bank is in the UK. I am a UK citizen. But the fact that I now live in Spain means I cannot book with them online.

Well if you book with a TA you must request the balcony discount from your TA. If you book with RCI directly you can still email the C&A people in the US, or discuss it with your booking agent at RCI.

Why can´t you use an US TA? I´m from Germany and have booked a number of cruises with online TA´s in the US without ever having a problem.

Can´t comment on the RCI UK online site.

Here is the UK C&A information

Reserve Your Royal Caribbean Holiday 0844 493 4005

s.gifBrochure Orders, Click Here 0844 493 4005

s.gifFlight Arrangements01932 834326s.gif

Post Cruise Questions and Comments01932 834330s.gif

Lost Luggage and Lost Property01932 834330s.gif

Conferences & Incentives0844 493 2072s.gif

Crown & Anchor Society0845 100 7770

Opening Hours

Monday to Friday 08.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. GMT

Saturday 09.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. GMT

Sunday 11.00a.m. to 5.00 p.m. GMT

E-mail: Click Here

Written enquiries can be sent to:

Royal Caribbean International

Building 2

Aviator Park

Station Road

Addlestone

Surrey

KT15 2PG

I prefer to book online, in English and pay in GBP. This is what I have done in the past. RCI evidently have got a new rule. You cannot book with RCI UK online if you are not a UK resident.

I understand your frustration, however there is a workaround.

Being resident in Spain you can't book on the UK website, but you can tell RCI you are in Spain and they'll quote and charge in €. The entire website is translated into Spanish. If you want the text in English then open a second browser and tell RCI you're in Cyprus ... that will give you the same € pricing but with English text :-) Obviously if you are a fluent Spanish speaker then skip that last step.

Alternately, as someone else suggested, use an online agent who doesn't care where you are. The only cruise I've booked directly with the company, an Azamara cruise, was done so because the pricing was lower than any online agent.

Best of luck,

Mands

2093940265_Picture1.jpg.d35b40ba7e4c9794153e0d8c01733aee.jpg

:

Originally Posted by VMcG'

Thanks, mfc, but how do you "ask" for a discount if you book online?

Easy just call 1- 888 - 437 - 1953

What department does that number take you to?

I book myself and have always called 1-800-526-9723 for the Crown and Anchor department to get my balcony discounts, plus.

Thanks.

Archived