What are the dates of the February School holidays in the US in 2010?

mrspjotter

Hi we are from the UK and hoping to do our 2nd cruise next Feb - but I would like to avoid going when the US kids are on holiday!

I hope no-one is offended but we were on EOS out of Bayonne in Feb this year the 2 weeks before the US schools were on hols and we had 65 kids on our ship and as we got off 1,300 were getting on.

Don't get me wrong I love my kids but they would just be too overwhelmed with that many children onboard so I would rather take them out of school to avoid clashing with the US school holidays - can anyone help please and let me know what the dates are?:)

In our district, varies by city and can be different even in cities if there is more than 1 disctrict we have 7 discticts in our area, but as I was saying our kids will not have school feb 15th and 24, with spring break March 31-April 11th

In the district where I live, the the break is Monday, February 15 through Friday, February 19.

Hope that helps!!

Same here - which is why we're sailing that week with our 13 and 9 YO sons. Monday 15 February is President's Day in the US, and in a number of states the school districts schedule a winter break for that week. EOS out of Bayonne would have a large number of kids, since New York is one of the states that has a break that week.

Maine and Massachusetts public schools have the same as the NY schools that have posted so far- week of Feb 15.

but we're booked on the voyager out of galveston, not explorer out of nj.

Love explorer though- sailed her 3 times so far.

There will always be kids on the cruises, no matter what time of year. We have ALOT of "home-schooled" kids whose families travel all the time. The rest, kids are taken out of school...

And here, in the U.S., every county, state, area....has a different schedule.

Feb. has "President's Day", and that's a big "kid" cruising time.

Don't worry too much...unless you have to care for them, kid's won't really affect your cruise experience!

The week where Presidents Day is on the Monday would be the week that school kids would be out, if the school district makes it a long holiday.

If you are in doubt as to which week the cruiselines expect to have the most kids, just check the pricing by week. The most expensive week will be the one with the most kids.

Thanks everyone for your help we're hoping to do FOS out of Port Canaveral 2 x 7 nite b2b cruises starting 21st Feb so hopefully we'll be fine.

Thanks again :D

Yes , even here in Georgia alot of the schools will be out for the winter break Feb.15-19, I bet they will all head to Florida.

I am in California. A bunch of our schools get out that February week as "Ski week." My own district does not. We get all the federal holidays off (can search online for those) and then we get "spring break" from Good Friday through the entire next week. We also get a full week at Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at Christmas, with Christmas pretty much falling in the middle of the 2 weeks.

Hope this helps! We also prefer to cruise with less kids... And I take care of kids for a living! LOL

Archived