Swimming on South America cruise in December

calenita

Thinking of doing the cruise around the tip of South America in December on NCL Sun. I LOVE to swim. Do they heat the pools at all on the Sun and is possible to swim? I know the weather will be very variable on this cruise. Warm/hot in Santiago and Buenos Aires and cold in the southernmost spots. I don't think they have an indoor pool. Went on a Med Cruise last year and it was so rough they kept draining the pools. Really missed swimming.

Thanks all.

We took this cruise around Thanksgiving a few years ago on the Norwegian Crown which has since been retired. We had a couple of rough sea days, and the Crown's smallish pool was drained on those days. Also, I don't recall any days where we would have felt comfortable sitting on deck without a blanket.

That said, we really enjoyed the cruise and itinerary.

We did the 14 day SA cruise last Nov 4th and we were layinh out evry port day and had great weather the entire trip including the 3/4 days we spent in Vina Del Mar.

Wanted to do it again this Nov. but the prices never came down enough.

I recall on our Feb cruise that the Argentina side warmed up nicely. Plenty of sunbathers & swimmers. Don't know if the pool was heated but it didn't seem to matter. Did have some cold days, but plenty of warm days too. Loved that cruise!

Thinking of doing the cruise around the tip of South America in December on NCL Sun. I LOVE to swim. Do they heat the pools at all on the Sun and is possible to swim? I know the weather will be very variable on this cruise. Warm/hot in Santiago and Buenos Aires and cold in the southernmost spots. I don't think they have an indoor pool. Went on a Med Cruise last year and it was so rough they kept draining the pools. Really missed swimming.

Thanks all.

WE are on that cruise , I doin't think the pool is heated it never has been on an cruise I've been on but the spa area has a hydrotherapy pool I think you need to pay to use the area but I believe it is heated

Archived