Wine package questions

We have nerver ordered wine packages on any of our past cruises, so this will be our first. I have a few questions to those that have ordered them.

1) Price. Is the price per bottle in a wine package cheaper than ordering individually?

2) Do I choose the wines when ordering the package size or onboard when we dine?

3) Are there extra charges, i.e gratuities or corkage fees?

Thank you much in advance :D

We have nervier ordered wine packages on any of our past cruises, so this will be our first. I have a few questions to those that have ordered them.

1) Price. Is the price per bottle in a wine package cheaper than ordering individually? Yes

2) Do I choose the wines when ordering the package size or onboard when we dine? They give you a list of wines that are allowed to be ordered for the type of package you've selected. You order whichever you wish for a list of red or white at dinner. If you wish to bring some back to your room, you may bring the rest of the bottle back with you, or if it's finished, you may order another bottle and they will open it for you, and away you go. Ask for glasses to go with you if you're bringing any back to the room.

3) Are there extra charges, i.e gratuities or corkage fees? No extra charges. All fees, tips, etc are included in the price of the package.

Thank you much in advance :D

Hope this helps!!

While on this subject can you have the wine sent to your cabin?
I don't know if you can also order the wine package wine delivered thru room service, but I do know that you can order as many of the bottles from the package as you want at dinner and take them back to your cabin.

Also can you order a few cans of beer for the fridge if there is one in the cabin?
Bottles can be ordered at any bar and you can take them most anywhere you want. You'll have to ask them to not take the caps off.

TOP TIP - Take a copy of your booking receipt with you!!

We had the wine package on our trip in June. It was pre booked prior to the cruise.

On our first night I advised the dining room when we were seated and they 'couldn't find my booking' and asked if I had a copy of the booking form.

I had printed it as an after thought and bought it on the ship but it was back in the cabin and I wasn't running off mid dinner to get it.

I ended up having to buy a glass of wine that night for dinner!

I went to the Customer service desk afterwards and complained, they checked and said it was there, not to worry it was now sorted and refunded the price of my wine (wish I'd had a bottle now!;))

Went along the next night to the MDR, asked again and was told still not there!! Luckily tonight I had brought my copy of my booking along so handed this over, off they went, got me a sticker for my Sea Pass and brought me over my wine.

No more problems after that!

If you haven't finished your bottle and don't want to take it with you, they will write your room number on it and store it for you to continue at dinner the next night.

They also do a Zinfandel (blush wine) on certain packages and I had that most nights and it was lovely!

So have fun but take a copy of your booking! :)

Archived