N Y E on Dawn Princess

Ned49

Did anyone do the round New Zealand New years eve cruise last year from Melbourne. How was the weather, was the seas rough. Also any advise on what time to book plane on return, 12 o clock or 2 o clock?

Did anyone do the round New Zealand New years eve cruise last year from Melbourne. How was the weather, was the seas rough.

I was not on the Dawn Princess New Zealand New year’s eve cruise last year from Melbourne, but I was on the Volendam over Christmas / New Year around NZ to Australia, and can answer your question about the seas.

Apart from when we went from Sydney to Melbourne it was rough & at the bottom of NZ (around Fiordland National Park) it was slightly rough, but it did not stop us going in any of the sounds, the seas where quite good for us.

Keep in mind it really depends on the weather on how the seas around NZ will be.

Hope this is off some help :)

As for return flights, I would recommend the 2pm one as you can never guarantee that there will be no delays in returning to port.

When we got to the airport after our NYE cruise last time we bolted to the information counter and requested to be transferred to an earlier flight and lucky for us they obliged.

Archived