How early do you arrive for embarkation

tgptmp

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We try to get there between 11 and 12 depending on traffic, who is driving us to the Port...

They always say that 11am is too early, but I've only waited outside the ship once....I think they are trying to lessen the early crowds, so they can continue to do what they need to do to get the ship ready for the next trip...

I Would Like to know the answer to this question as well!!!! Anyone happen to know if this is true???? :eek:

Donna :D

Apparently they did this at one time, but not anymore. There is no one there to negotiate with. Some of the people at the check in do not even work for the cruise company your cruising with.

You can call your cruise line and inquire but I am pretty sure I read on another thread - that no - maybe if you call the cruise line the day before but not the day of.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Our last cruise was out of NYC. We drove to my sistesters in Darien, Ct for the first night and then spent the next day in NYC with my cousins. They had us stay overnight at their place in Queens Village. We got to the Cruise Port about 10:30 and got checked in to the VIP lounge. They told us we could go to Cagneys for lunch, but we went to Bobby Flays mesa Grill for brunch with my cousins instead. We got back to the ship at 3:30 and went to our suite. Our luggage was there allready.

• 1 year later...

I will be taking my first cruise to Alaska in a week. My document says embarkation time is at 1:00. Since I will be dropped off at the port in the morning, will HAL let me check in early? I would hate to have to wait hours at the port or wonder around town with my luggage. I read HAL has a Early Embarkation Program, but was not able to find any information online.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be taking my first cruise to Alaska in a week. My document says embarkation time is at 1:00. Since I will be dropped off at the port in the morning, will HAL let me check in early? I would hate to have to wait hours at the port or wonder around town with my luggage. I read HAL has a Early Embarkation Program, but was not able to find any information online.

Thanks.

So how did it all play out for you on embarkation day?

Archived