Alcohol Purchase Allowance

Does anyone know how much alcohol you are able to purchase, by law, on the ship or on an island to bring home? We would like to take advantange of the great deals...... Also, does anyone know if they sell the bottles of water on the ship. I would like to bring thoes little single size juice/tea mixes with me to put in the bottles if they do! Thanks!

Does anyone know how much alcohol you are able to purchase, by law, on the ship or on an island to bring home? We would like to take advantange of the great deals...... Also, does anyone know if they sell the bottles of water on the ship. I would like to bring thoes little single size juice/tea mixes with me to put in the bottles if they do! Thanks!

If I remember it right....was 1 lit. p/p. It's depending where you are purchasing them. If on the ship..1 lit. p/p, on US Vergin Island like St. Thomas than you allowed more (I think 5), In Jamaica beside 1 lit. p/p you are allowed 1 lit. local. Read your daily compass, it will tell you how many you can carry back home. If you visit San Juan, you allow 5 lit p/p but not the import so read the find prints. If you but in Mexico, you are allowed 1 lit p/p. However, if you carry more your duty will be (I think) 10% of the exceeding allowence. One time I had total 3 lit. from Mexico, they just let me go.

Hope this help

As for your water quesiton they do have water for sale onboard, and rumors here on CC say they have started a water package, but i don't know about that one. You are allowed (legally) to bring a reasonable amount of soft drinks onboard. Just stick a luggage tag on them and they will be delivered to your stateroom. However the water onboard is better quality then most bottled water you can buy, so i would bring a couple of bottles and reuse them, but that is just me!

And Bermuda is not part of the US, so you would be allowed 1 liter per person.

You can legally purchase more, but you have to declare it to keep it legal. Leave it up to customs to decide whether or not to charge you. Are you driving to port? If not, it may not be worth the hassel and cost to fly the booze anywhere.

You can purchase lots, but you'll pay taxes on anything over the posted "limits".

U.S. Customs usually won't bother trying to collect a small amount of duty from you if you are only several bottles over the allowance. However don't get too greedy or unreasonable. The CBP inspectors want to keep the line moving and sending you to the cashier slows things down.

The exception is if you are disembarqing in Texas. Texas has a state revenue agent assigned at the ports to collect Texas excise taxes on booze, wine, beer and cigarettes.

Archived