GLORY Review 7/4 -7/11 - WONDERFUL!

tammi0916

Hello:

I have finally been able to get these put into an electronic version and am willing to send out to anyone who wants them.

Just send me an email at tnealon@cox.net and I will forward to you.

Thanks,

Tammi

Hey would love to have the Capers and sent you an email from my work so hopefully you have it.

Thanks,

Karen:D

Hey would love to have the Capers and sent you an email from my work so hopefully you have it.

Thanks,

Karen:D

Hi Karen-

Have only rec'd one request from "Reese" if that is not you - can you resend?

Tam

Hi Karen-

Have only rec'd one request from "Reese" if that is not you - can you resend?

Tam

I'm not Reese and I just sent it again from my work email to the email you had posted. I just clicked on that email address. Sure hope you get it as I am anxious to see the Capers.

Thanks,

Karen

I actually just found that thread about the family who had temperature issues right after I just posted my previous reply. I really hope that doesn't happen to us. It truly is unfortunate that while they were able to move to a more cooler cabin, they still had to deal w/ the noise. Thanks for the info.

We were the folks on the sailing after you with the issues. (See Signature Liink for my review) I get the impression that the entire senior staff left with you guys when you returned. We received a new captain, and I believe new purser, hotel director....etc. Wonder how that may have played into such a difference in response/followup?

We were the folks on the sailing after you with the issues. (See Signature Liink for my review) I get the impression that the entire senior staff left with you guys when you returned. We received a new captain, and I believe new purser, hotel director....etc. Wonder how that may have played into such a difference in response/followup?

I by no means meant anything by my comments, just that it is so wierd that from week to week things are so different. I did know that the Capt was leaving as he shared that with those at the captaians party and they he would be going to the Dream after a vacation.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with your air (I would not have been happy without sometype of relief) but we had the exact opposite experience (as you read in my review) the staff could not have been more accommodating! My only thought is just the luck of the draw - I don't know how to explain the inconsistancy with the staff (unless it really was turnover).

Tam

I by no means meant anything by my comments, just that it is so wierd that from week to week things are so different. I did know that the Capt was leaving as he shared that with those at the captaians party and they he would be going to the Dream after a vacation.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with your air (I would not have been happy without sometype of relief) but we had the exact opposite experience (as you read in my review) the staff could not have been more accommodating! My only thought is just the luck of the draw - I don't know how to explain the inconsistancy with the staff (unless it really was turnover).

Tam

Tami - I certainly didn't think anything of your comments. I have often pondered how two people on the same ship (same week or different weeks) could have such different experiences.

While I can't be 100% of the full transistion, the photo gallery with the Senior staff was nearly photoless, and then I remembered reading in your review about the Captain, and had heard that it was a new Hotel Director (?) while on board...so its speculation, but wow...what a difference!

Fortuantely I can say without question, that my experience was the exception and not the rule, as I have 4 INCREDIBLE Cruise vacations under my belt.

THanks again for your review!!!

Hi Tammi,

I enjoyed reading your review very much. My wife and I were on the Glory last September for our first "back-to-back" cruise. We really loved the Glory. Everything was fantastic for us as well. So fantastic that we are going on the Glory again for another "back-to-back" on 19 September, (61 days from now).

Your pictures have made me relive some of our experiences so I went back into my hard drive and brought up my pictures of the Glory cruise.

Thanks for stoking my enthusiasm even more!

Lee

Hi Tammi,

I enjoyed reading your review very much. My wife and I were on the Glory last September for our first "back-to-back" cruise. We really loved the Glory. Everything was fantastic for us as well. So fantastic that we are going on the Glory again for another "back-to-back" on 19 September, (61 days from now).

Your pictures have made me relive some of our experiences so I went back into my hard drive and brought up my pictures of the Glory cruise.

Thanks for stoking my enthusiasm even more!

Lee

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I would love to do a B2B one day. We really loved the Glory and had such a great time!

Enjoy your cruise in Sept.

Tammi:cool:

Tami - I certainly didn't think anything of your comments. I have often pondered how two people on the same ship (same week or different weeks) could have such different experiences.

While I can't be 100% of the full transistion, the photo gallery with the Senior staff was nearly photoless, and then I remembered reading in your review about the Captain, and had heard that it was a new Hotel Director (?) while on board...so its speculation, but wow...what a difference!

Fortuantely I can say without question, that my experience was the exception and not the rule, as I have 4 INCREDIBLE Cruise vacations under my belt.

THanks again for your review!!!

I am glad you have had such a good attitude about things! I hope your next cruise is as good as mine was!

Final Thoughts!

• I would like to thank everyone on Cruise Critic as I did so much research and planning for this cruise and CC was a great place to gather all that information. I learned so much from this board.:cool:

• This was our first Carnival Cruise and it was wonderful, I went into it with an open mind and knew everything would not be perfect and it fact it was pretty close!

• We met some wonderful people from this board at our meet and greet, and some wonderful people on the cruise.

• We loved having a balcony – would not sail without one now!

• I packed too much (big surprise there!) but more importantly I packed some of the wrong stuff, as I found that the common areas were extremely chilly and ended up wearing the same 2 pair of capris and sweater every night for the show, I found that I didn’t wear shorts that often as I was either in a bathing suit and cover up or dressed for dinner and it was just too cool for me to go anywhere (shows, bars) in shorts and a tee. So if you don’t like to be cold, bring light sweater and pants/capris

• We loved the supper club and would do that again and thought it was worth every penny!

• We had wonderful service from both dining room staff and room steward. We had one issue with our Jacuzzi tub in our suite (it’s didn’t work) we left a note for Victor (our steward) and it was fixed then next morning and we then got a call from Guest Services to make sure we were satisfied with the issue we had. I felt that was great.

• Camp Carnival was fun for our 10 year old DD but wasn’t always convenient since she wasn’t allowed to sign in and out

• We booked all of our excursions thru Carnival in advance and although was a little more expensive, since this was our first cruise I am glad we did. I would probably be a little more adventurous on our next cruise now that we see how things work.

• We purchased Funship Dollars and had them applied as OBS prior to cruise so we did not have a large bill when cruise was over –this worked out great for us and I didn’t feel like I was “watching” what I spent!

• The ship was in excellent condition and we really enjoyed sailing on her.

• This was a great vacation and it definitely won’t be our last cruise. We are already looking at our next one! I really want to go to Half Moon Cay!

• I am happy to answer any questions – just ask.:D

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your cruise and seeing all the pictures. It looks like you had a great time. Happy future cruising!

What a wonderful review! Thanks for that because I needed it to take away the stress :D

You have to do the cruise that includes Half Moon Cay, I love this place! And if you do get the Cabana it's worth the $$.

Happy Sailing! :p

What a wonderful review! Thanks for that because I needed it to take away the stress :D

You have to do the cruise that includes Half Moon Cay, I love this place! And if you do get the Cabana it's worth the $$.

Happy Sailing! :p

Thanks for the note, since I am going thru my cruise withdrawals I have been looking into my next one and it will definately include Half Moon and the cabana!

Tam:cool:

Wow!Wow! What an amazing review, Tammi. Thank you for taking the time and hard work to write your review and posting pictures with it.

I only found your review today so was able to read right thru all 9 pages but I'm sure those who followed it from day 1 were very appreciative that you kept writing within a couple of days. Sometimes it takes others a few weeks to complete such an intensive review with pictures. You did not leave anyone hanging ( waiting ) so good for you.

I love reading reviews and enjoyed yours very much. Thank you. I'm glad you gave cruising another chance and now you have a completely different opinion. I love cruising and think it's the best vacation any one can have.:D

Thanks for the review , Tammi. Even though I am cruising the Western Carb int, I was planning the Nassua Catameran, so that review really helped me. One question, how long did your massage last?

Thanks for the review , Tammi. Even though I am cruising the Western Carb int, I was planning the Nassua Catameran, so that review really helped me. One question, how long did your massage last?

I am glad I was able to help! We did have a great time on the Catamaran (remember the rum punch is free on the way back!)

The Massge lasted for 1 hour and 15 minutes!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Wow!Wow! What an amazing review, Tammi. Thank you for taking the time and hard work to write your review and posting pictures with it.

I only found your review today so was able to read right thru all 9 pages but I'm sure those who followed it from day 1 were very appreciative that you kept writing within a couple of days. Sometimes it takes others a few weeks to complete such an intensive review with pictures. You did not leave anyone hanging ( waiting ) so good for you.

I love reading reviews and enjoyed yours very much. Thank you. I'm glad you gave cruising another chance and now you have a completely different opinion. I love cruising and think it's the best vacation any one can have.:D

Thanks for the nice comments. I really enjoyed writing it - but enjoyed the cruise more!

Archived