Rental car

pazandak63

A van full of us ladies are going on a cruise! Cool! But..we need to take a rental Van from Orlando to the Miami cruise port. Drop off and

return the van..

Anyone suggest which companies still have a courtesy shuttle?

Or?? best way to get from Airport in Miami to cruise port aside from cab?

Thanks,

Karyn

Just about all of the major rental car companies will provide shuttle service back to the port at no charge. I'd suggest that the driver leave all passengers at the port. and then return the van at the airport.

If you haven't reserved the van yet, do some shopping. Some of the rental companies (like D****r) are now adding a dropoff charge, which raises their rates considerably.

You can get a minivan for as low as about $123, but a full-size van could cost you $400 or more.

We rented a full sized van in Dec 2007 to drive from WDW to Miami for RCCL cruise, and it wasn't that expensive.

It took me about the first hour to get used to to wind effect on the van on the highway, and then i was fine.

We rented from one of the hotels within WDW, and they had an office close to the cruise port in Miami- close enough that we dropped most people and the luggage off, and then myself and my friend's husband returned the car and grabbed a cab back to the port to check in for the cruise.

good luck

We were booking a compact car, so I can't say who has the cheapest rates on Van rentals, however after much research, in our case, Al-mo had the best rates for a one way rental from Orlando to Miami. You can also find discount codes that can be applied for the rental through rental codes dot com. They also have a free shuttle from the airport to the port of Miami.

A van full of us ladies are going on a cruise! Cool! But..we need to take a rental Van from Orlando to the Miami cruise port. Drop off and

return the van..

Anyone suggest which companies still have a courtesy shuttle?

Or?? best way to get from Airport in Miami to cruise port aside from cab?

Thanks,

Karyn

We've previously used Alamo car rentals because Alamo has a courtesy shuttle to and from the ship. With Alamo, you drop your car off at the Miami Airport, and they have a shuttle that runs frequently back and forth to the ship. We've taken it both ways before and after a cruise.

We are taking Hertz from Orlando to Miami in February and dropping off at their downtown location near the pier where they also run a shuttle to the ship.

Since many passengers rent cars when departing cruises, the car rental companies circulate their shuttle vans around the piers to pickup or drop off passengers

What's wrong with a cab from MIA to the port? You may need 2, but it's fast! And, they do have mini-van cabs!

Why would anyone waste their money on a cab when there are many rental car companies offering free port shuttles?:confused:

Archived