Snuba

icerider

Hi everyone, first time cruiser & poster to this forum. I've learned much so far just reading & thank everone very much. We leave in a few weeks aboard the Legend. I am interested in Snuba. A few questions... 1st is it fun, easy, cool, exercise, worth the time & cash, close-by the boat? I was thinking of doing it in Grand Cayman is this a good place? Also, should I book it right away through Carnival or should we wait & just walk to the place and buy it independant of the cruise line ? Any information on this would be much appreciated. Thanks

When we cruised 3 years ago with our girls, we snuba'ed in Playa del Carmen. It was very much fun for both daughters and wife. Be careful about eating too much before you do it. DW enjoyed it way more than snorkling and don't have to be certified like you do to scuba. We stayed close to the shore line because of the age of our dd's (8 at the time).

The tanks are floating on a raft and you are connected by the tube to the air supply. You might be able to find some excursions not through the ship to book through.

Good luck

Also look into the discover scuba independent excursions. We booked with an independent provider in Grand Cayman, and it was wonderful. There were a total of 5 people on the excursion (our group of 3 plus 2 others) and we went to an area that wasn't crowded with all the mega ship-sponsored excursions.

No previous scuba experience was necessary, and we weren't tethered to a floating tank either.

Our family tried snuba while in Cozumel and everyone loved it!

IMO, if this is your first time in Cayman, go play with the stingrays. It will be something your family will never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save the Snuba for another port.

Try 'Captain Marvin' stingray tour in Cayman.

We did snuba in St. Thomas. DH & I both are divers, but kids are not, so this was a nice way to let them enjoy being under water. They did enjoy it. You are tethered with a long hose to the air supply, so you can't wander off from the group. You breathe through a regulator just like with scuba.

I will have to agree with others that Grand Cayman's coolest activity is Stingray City. We took a dive trip there years ago & it was awesome!

I too tried to book Snuba but it was sold out. We opted then for discover scuba, and got hooked. Now we are scuba certified and have no problem deciding what excursion to do.....we Scuba.

Sorry about this Hijack, but I am interested in you user name. I assume the TX is for Texas, is the" impov" for the comedy club? Do you preform there?

Sorry about this Hijack, but I am interested in you user name. I assume the TX is for Texas, is the" impov" for the comedy club? Do you preform there?

You are correct. I do not perform improv anymore as the club and troup i used to perform with closed with some folks moving to LA to persue their acting careers....I used to do improvisational comedy...ala...who's line is in anyway....Not standup.

You are correct. I do not perform improv anymore as the club and troup i used to perform with closed with some folks moving to LA to persue their acting careers....I used to do improvisational comedy...ala...who's line is in anyway....Not standup.

Thanks for the reply. I have a friend that lives in the DFW area and does standup at the Improv, somewhere around there.

Archived