car rental drop off at the san pedro pier

wingsrn123

• 7 months later...
We need a car to pick up from Long Beach Airport on a Friday morning and drop off in San Pedro on Saturday afternoon.

After checking around Enterprise seemed the best bet, but when I called they wanted $132.92.

Budget is much cheaper but the closest office is over 5 miles away from the Crowne Plaza where we're staying.

Can we get the Crowne Plaza shuttle to pick us up if we walk into the 5 mile radius of the shuttle?

Thanks.

Go to Budget's Web site. Click on locations and look for the location you want. Some off-airport locations will have free pick-up. You need to phone the rental place directly to confirm the distance they'll go to pick you up. I've been told 5 miles at a couple of places. Remember, one-way drop-off fees are not always stated (sometimes just hidden in a higher rental fee). I assume you are phoning the Crowne Plaza directly to ask about their shuttle. I would certainly not want to try to arrange for a shuttle to pick me up at some random streetside location. If you can afford a cruise, surely you could afford a 5-mile taxi ride (assuming neither the hotel's or Budget's shuttle work out)?

Archived