Ok, here's my dilemma...

vossjemi

We'll be in GC on 1/22/05. Originally wanted to rent a car and go see hell, turtle farm, rum cake factory, and then meander over to cemetary beach and then maybe seagrape beach too. Problem is I've emailed www.grandcaymaycruiseexcursions.com twice and I've had no luck getting a car. First time they told me to check back in late december. Now, they are telling me to check upon arrival. I used them last year and liked them as they had pier pickup. Don't know if others do or if anyone else has car available. Someone on another thread did mention Andy's but I'd still have to get myself to his place.

Thinking this car thing may not work out, I'm wondering....does anyone know of a tour company that would take me to do all that for a reasonable price? And cheaper than RC?" I'll have 4 people and spreading the price of the rental car would have been really cheap, but we'd still like to do these things. Any help/hints would be appreciated! Thanks.

Just an fyi - I thought I read somewhere that because of Hurricane Ivan, a lot of cars on the island have been either totalled or damaged so the rental places have a very small inventory. When you arrive, you might try hooking up with a taxi driver and work out a price for a tour.

Thank you Geddes! I did find this website:

http://www.stingraycabandtours.com/

But their tour seems a little higher than what you say at $21pp and they will drop you off at say sea grape and pick up later. Anyone used them? Are they reputable? Or would I be better off just going with someone at the pier? I'm a planner so I like to have things scheduled, so that is why I would like to know if anyone recommends this company or not.

Hi Geddes and all members of the January 14th Sailing of the Brilliance. Just want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season.

Geddes, welcome to the Cruise Critic cirlce. I don't know if your appointment book got washed away with Ivan so I sent you an e-mail on Dec. 17, just confirming our intent to take your Eastern Exp driving tour on January 22. I don't know if your e-mail is up yet, so I am posting it here - I'm also posting it in case any of my fellow cruise critic cruisers want to join in the excursion. Right now it's only the two of us (my wife and I). We will see our two travelling companions on Friday and find out if they want to join us. Looking forward to hearing from

you, either on this board or via my e-mail.

Barry

Archived