bringing food back on board from port

momjkm

Ok... one more question (cruise is this Saturday!!!)... can I carry food back on board from a port, like ICED COFFEE from TIm Horton's specifically..... will they let me walk on with an iced coffee in each hand???

Or do I need to smuggle it in in a water bottle???

Jill

Ok... one more question (cruise is this Saturday!!!)... can I carry food back on board from a port, like ICED COFFEE from TIm Horton's specifically..... will they let me walk on with an iced coffee in each hand???

Jill

I think it's generally just meat, produce etc that you can't bring back on board. People were bringing armfulls of junk food on from the Walmart in Peurto Vallarta the other week on Splendor and others were told some home baked bread from a tour was fine also.

If I were you I'd keep things as sealed as you are able.

ooooooooo pick me up some Timbits!!! I've bought packaged food, water, etc, in ports and have not had any problem bringing it onboard. Coffee shouldn't be an issue at all. While at St. John next month, I plan to get a Tim's brkft sandwich! Love those!

Jill

Sure. Not a problem. And bring me back a maple doughnut, would you? ;)

I think the key is "packaged" for food items - especially in the Caribbean. Since the food standards can vary greatly in the islands, a cruise ship doesn't want to risk contamination by having unpackaged food or fresh fruits onboard.

Archived