stingray tours ?, do I pay in advance??

DianeO90

Okay, we're thinking about booking a stingray tour with either capt. Marv. or the other capt.? Anyways, at the time I book this tour do I have to pay in advance or how does that work? I'm worried that we will change our minds once we are in Grand Cayman and maybe want to do something else. We are going on a cruise with 20 family members and its unpredictable at this time. If you book in advance, do we pay the tour guide when we get to the tour? Sorry to sound so dumb but I need to know these things before I commit.

Also, can we take our own water camera's out to Stingray city? I'd rather take our own pictures than have to purchase theirs.

Thanks for any help with this.

I am pretty sure that every company will require a credit card when you register and charge you whether you show up or not. Most of them will not charge you if the weather is such that your ship can not come in. There will be a lot of tours available at the pier if you want to wait until you get there to figure out what you want to do. With a group as large as yours you may have trouble finding an operator that can handle all of you.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

We booked with sting ray sailing and although we could pay in advance through paypal(their preference) we will pay on that day (cash). We plan on paying cash on the day of our other booked excursions .See what it says on the website.

I just booked Captain Marvin's yesterday. They do not take payment upfront. You pay when you arrive, either cash or credit. However, they do take a credit card number from you and if you do not show up without cancelling, they will charge you for the trip. If the boat does not make it to the port, you do not have to pay.

When I booked with Moby Dick Tours for our trip last December they didn't require payment or a credit card number up front. We would have paid when we got there (the sandbar was closed so the tour was cancelled).

Archived