For those who have been to Hawaii

karen327

If you could stay on any 1 island post cruise, which would it be?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If you could stay on any 1 island post cruise, which would it be?

• Oahu
    • Big Island
    • Maui
    • Kauai

• Administrators

I wasn't sure what to pick, because it depends to some extent on whether you've visited Hawaii before. We love the Big Island, and today that's what I'd pick in your poll -- we'd spend 3-4 days Hilo side and the others Kona side. However, on our first visit we planned our land time (before the cruise in our case) for Oahu because there's lots to see on Oahu and you miss it all if you only fly in, cruise, and fly out.

What are YOUR priorities for your visit to Hawaii? Did you want to see things like Pearl Harbor and Waikiki, climb Diamond Head, visit the Polynesian Culture Center, Iolani Palace (the only royal palace in the US), the Bishop Museum, the Pali overlook, Honauma Bay, the north shore, etc? Or do you just want to find a gorgeous beach for relaxing? Or do you want a beach plus more active water activities like fishing or diving? How about volcano watching and hiking?

I am in the minority, but I prefer Oahu. There is just so much to see that its impossible to see and do it all. In Oahu I think you get everything. Great scenery, wonderful restaurants, beautiful beaches, so many things to do. The island I was least impressed with was Maui, except for the Road to Hana and our stop in Lahaina. The Big Island also had alot to see but we didnt see as much of it as we would like to. We spent most of our time in Kauai and it is beautiful, not as commercialized. As it is very spread out, and time when the ship docks does not allow enough time to see it all, thus we spent our next vacation between Kauai and Oahu. When we sailed on the POA, we rented a car at every port and just drove around the islands. We found that for $50 per day, you got to see so much more than what you would see on an excursion. The islands are so easy to get around on and you can stop and admire the scenery whenever you want to. We are planning our third trip for April 2010 and can hardly wait! It is truly paradise!

The following are my favorites.

Oahu--Captain Bob's snorkling

Germaines Luau

Pearl Harbor tour

Hike Diamond Head

Maui---Trilogy excursion

Kuai (whatever) Beach

Hawaii Volcano National Park.

Our favorite Island is still Oahu.

Safe travels.

Archived