All Inclusive

Hello Barbara,

Have you cruised before ?

My wife and I and our two teenage sons were on the Thomson Destiny two weeks ago.

It was our first cruise and the best holiday we have ever had.

We booked in 2008 and got the AI drinks package thrown in.

If the Thomson AI packages are the same across all their ships (I would imagine they will be) then you will get everything you asked about for free on board.

Each passenger is issued with a card and you will have to present this for all of your drink orders..your bill will show a bunch of zeros !! Great !!

The bars have menus which show all of the drinks available and the drinks where a small additional charge applies even for AI passengers but there are very few of these. The cocktails are excellent.

The coffee in the bars we were using was some of the best I`ve ever tasted.

I`m sure the same standards will apply across the fleet.

If you check back to some older postings some kind people have posted copies of the drinks menu.

Have a great cruise.

Jim

We are booked on Thomson Celebration next year with all inclusive package. Can anyone tell me are all drinks included on the package - both alcoholic and soft drinks and coffess etc?

Front:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7820/fronthqo.jpg

Back:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6497/backpage.jpg

For some reason the Celebrations drink list is more comprehensive that the Spirit and Destiny. For instance, Baileys and southern Comfort are included, but extra on the other ships.

Any other tips greatly appreciated

Yes, start at the begining of the cocktail list and work your way down until you reach the end :D:D:D

Front:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7820/fronthqo.jpg

Back:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6497/backpage.jpg

For some reason the Celebrations drink list is more comprehensive than the Spirit and Destiny. For instance, Baileys and southern Comfort are included, but extra on the other ships.

I've noticed that the list of Cocktails is longer on the Celebration drinks menu, but that Bombay Sapphire Gin has a 0.10 supplement (!) where as it's included on Destiny. That suits us as we are going on Destiny and love Bombay Sapphire!

I wonder if this difference can be explained by the fact that Celebration is wholly operated by Thomson, where as Spirit and Destiny are operated and staffed by Louis Cruise Lines, from whom which Thomson leases those ships?

Eddie :)

Hello Barbara,

Have you cruised before ?

My wife and I and our two teenage sons were on the Thomson Destiny two weeks ago.

It was our first cruise and the best holiday we have ever had.

We booked in 2008 and got the AI drinks package thrown in.

If the Thomson AI packages are the same across all their ships (I would imagine they will be) then you will get everything you asked about for free on board.

Each passenger is issued with a card and you will have to present this for all of your drink orders..your bill will show a bunch of zeros !! Great !!

The bars have menus which show all of the drinks available and the drinks where a small additional charge applies even for AI passengers but there are very few of these. The cocktails are excellent.

The coffee in the bars we were using was some of the best I`ve ever tasted.

I`m sure the same standards will apply across the fleet.

If you check back to some older postings some kind people have posted copies of the drinks menu.

Have a great cruise.

Jim

Oscar it was nice to meet you on the Destiny , we agree it is the most enjoyable holiday we have had as well , in fact the 2nd week in Cala Millor was a real let down in comparison.

Currently looking to book for next year again , but it's a little more expensive than last year , also priced the Thomson Dream and it's extortinate !!!

cheers

Iain

ps....i still think i was robbed at the music quiz !!!! LOL

Iain,

Nice to meet you and yours as well. I hope your son wasn`t as bored for the rest of the hols. That was a shame.

Sorry to hear your second week was a let down but how could you `follow that` as they say.

We checked the prices as well and I agree it is much more expensive but one of our sons counts as an adult next year so that doesn`t help.

We are booked for Portugal next summer. 2 weeks AI for £3,800. It comes down to the money for us as it is for most.

Wherever you go have great time. Will look out for you at Ibrox !!

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers Jim

Seems i was wrong about my son , perahps its the teen thing of not smiling or remotely showing that you're enjoying yourself , but he said he loved the holiday and wants to go on a cruise again next year !!!

I fancy the Thomson Dream but it's a bit pricey at the moment or the Independance of the Seas with RCCL , but at $5.60 per pint and $6.50 per Vodka and coke i think i'll give it a miss !!!!

Hope you enjoy Portugal , next year is the last year our son will travel as a child so i can understand why cost becomes king.

Maybe see you around Ibrox sometime !!

We are booked on Thomson Celebration next year with all inclusive package. Can anyone tell me are all drinks included on the package - both alcoholic and soft drinks and coffess etc?

Any other tips greatly appreciated

Thanks

Barbara

yup as they all saying nearly all booze included , the drink menu shows if its not included ...eg: liquor coffee is not...got round that one lolol got a free coffee then got a whisky on my AI lolol happy cruising /boozing lol:D

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience there was a greater choice of drinks on the Celebration compared with The Spirit and the AI was better too.

Apparently Spirit and Destiny are run by Louis cruise lines and Celebration is a 'bare bone'? charter so Thomsons provide the crew and have more say in what is offered

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from the Celebration and it was just fab being on AI. We had loads of sparkly wine - Prosecco and Henkell mini bottles - all served with love and grace by the lovely Arishella in Horizons bar. In the dining room you will find that the wine waiters will top you up once they know what you are drinking (if its wine). We found that they never discriminate between those cruisers who are paying or those on AI. Towards the end of the 2 weeks they knew who we were and didnt even need to show our cards. Tea and coffee are available on the Lido deck, Lido restaurant and in most bars - waitress service or go to the bar. The cocktails are the real Macoy - not just syrupy things. Its great service and well worth the extra money.:)

Yep I would agree. Better if you get the AI free. :D

Just back from 2 weeks on the Destiny. Thankfully had the AI. Totted up Mine, Wifes & Daughters bill. Obviously ours showed Zero Pounds. But totted it up anyway basing the average drink at £3.00. It would have amounted to at least £1600. Yes £1600 and were not big drinkers. That would include all the Soft Drinks we had, and Virgin Cocktails, my daughter had.

Take my advise book early and get the AI Free.

Regards

• 1 month later...
Yep I would agree. Better if you get the AI free. :D

Just back from 2 weeks on the Destiny. Thankfully had the AI. Totted up Mine, Wifes & Daughters bill. Obviously ours showed Zero Pounds. But totted it up anyway basing the average drink at £3.00. It would have amounted to at least £1600. Yes £1600 and were not big drinkers. That would include all the Soft Drinks we had, and Virgin Cocktails, my daughter had.

Take my advise book early and get the AI Free.

Regards

What is the price of AI for a week?

Archived