Mexico Excursion Advice

CCSauceda

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone had any advice on places to go/see in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo??

I'll be sailing in August and haven't planned anything because I just want to explore on my own. But any gems that I should visit are appreciated. Does anyone know where I can get info on what to do in these ports? :o

Any/all info is much appreciated! Thanks!!

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone had any advice on places to go/see in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo??

I'll be sailing in August and haven't planned anything because I just want to explore on my own. But any gems that I should visit are appreciated. Does anyone know where I can get info on what to do in these ports? :o

Here's a link to our travel gallery. We have done the Mexican "Riviera" several times and taken many of the tours. Many photos taken along the way.

http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/travel

Sometimes seeing helps you decide.

The pink bridge at Casa Kimberly (Liz Taylor's house that Burton bought her) from a Puerto Vallarta tour.

large.jpg

Enjoy your trip!

Dave

We did the dolphin swim at Cabo and it was worth every cent! It was done through the cruise line (RCL). We also took a private tour in Puerto Vallarta which was interesting. We drove through the city center and toured the cathedral. Then we went up into the mountain to visit a tequila factory, then on to lunch at a little local restaurant in the mountain. It was enjoyable and interesting, but very nerve wracking as the driver couldn't get the bus started after the tequila factory tour!:eek: After a nail-biting 15 minutes or so he finally did the "coasting down the hill and popping something" trick and got it started. Fortunately, we were pointing downhill at the time. When we stopped for lunch he kept the engine running the whole time! We made it back to the ship in time but there two four VERY nervous people on that bus! If he hadn't been able to get it started, I doubt we would have made it back in time as we were WAY up in the mountain and would not have been able to get another bus up to us in time. From now on, we only take RCL excursions!

Pierces - Your pictures are amazing! Thanks so much!

Thank you everyone for your advice. It is all very helpful. I want to book through the cruise line but my DBF wants to just wing it. I hope we dont miss the ship! Now i'm nervous. Lol...

As long as you keep your watch set to SHIP'S TIME, you'll be fine. Do NOT use your cell phone as a clock---it will automatically re-set to whatever time zone you're in....you need to check the clock on the ship before you go to port, and synchronize your watch to it. (It won't matter WHAT time it is in port, as long as your timepiece matches the ship's!!!)

You won't miss the ship as long as you are mindful of times! If you want to go very far afield, then an excursion is the best way to go. If you're only going to wander around the port, or hit the beach (at least, one that's nearby) you'll be fine.

Hi All,

The best excursion I found in Mazatlan was years ago, but the onboard excursions were sold out so we bought tickets and got on a bus at the port. It was a pretty old bus, too, LOL.

Best excursion ever! Took us to a silver shop (yes, good silver) and the prices were great. Took us to a cathedral I had visited as a teenage on a high school trip. Asked us is there was any place in particular we wanted to go. Took us to see the cliff divers.

Archived