Ruby princess cabin selection

waterski12001

Hello everyone!!

Never cruised before and am really excited about booking the Ruby July 16 2010 from Barcelona to Venice.

My question is... does anyone know anything about R745? ... It's the last cabin on Riviera deck just right on the terrace pool.

This is to be my our honeymoon cruise and we obviously want everything to be perfect.

Any information that could be provided by you experienced cruisers regarding this area of the ship... downsides and upsides etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello everyone!!

Never cruised before and am really excited about booking the Ruby July 16 2010 from Barcelona to Venice.

My question is... does anyone know anything about R745? ... It's the last cabin on Riviera deck just right on the terrace pool.

This is to be my our honeymoon cruise and we obviously want everything to be perfect.

Any information that could be provided by you experienced cruisers regarding this area of the ship... downsides and upsides etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

It’s a great choice for a cruise. We will be on the Ruby in about 5 weeks on the same itinerary. There are a few issues with R745 that you may want to consider. Being all the way at the stern the motion will be pronounced in rough seas. You will also be directly below Lido deck and just inside from the Terrace Pool, so it could get noisy. If you are looking for quiet and a smooth ride, mid-ship on Caribe or Baja would be preferable, as there are only cabins above and below these decks. R745 makes it easy to walk out the door to the pool, but there are only 2 days at sea out of 12 during the cruise. I hope this info is of some help. :)

Hello everyone!!

Thanks in advance!!!

I notice that you have booked an inside cabin catagory I. Doing some research I find that Aloha 508 is available; same cat. I would switch to this one instead; much better location and definitely less movement. Only one deck lower but could make a world of difference.

We did the identical itinerary last month and my only tip would be to have a cabin on the starboard side for when you sail into Venice. It is the highlight of the cruise and if you can see it from your balcony - it is perfect. The cruise director really pumped this up and I have to say that he wasn't kidding. We sat on our balcony and watched this amazing scenery go by. The decks are of course packed so in my opinion I would chose this.

We did the identical itinerary last month and my only tip would be to have a cabin on the starboard side for when you sail into Venice. It is the highlight of the cruise and if you can see it from your balcony - it is perfect. The cruise director really pumped this up and I have to say that he wasn't kidding. We sat on our balcony and watched this amazing scenery go by. The decks are of course packed so in my opinion I would chose this.

FYI, the person who asked this question has booked an inside cabin.

Archived