Time of Year to Cruise

Because we live in Michigan, January is a GREAT time for us. Go down a week early. Go on a cruise. Stay another week. Come back for more cold weather,but with a deep dark tan...Makes Spring come a little quicker..:cool:

Hello,

I am new to cruising, going on my first cruise next May out of Baltimore. I was just wondering everyone's opinions on the best time of year to cruise? Will we be cold in May out of Baltimore? What about storms or rough seas? We are new to cruising so just trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks.

For us the best time to cruise is when the kiddos are in school.

To me weather is a variable that is too hard to predict. Our next cruise is in Sept, peak Gulf/Atlantic storm season. So what's the worst that can happen?

We end up in other ports or just cruise around the gulf for 7 days....I can live with that.

We have always cruised late September early October.. while we know it's hurrican season we prefer to cruise when the kids are in school. It just works out well for us

We have been fortunate, our first 2 cruises were PERFECT. No storms.. greate sailing.. out of NY

This year early October out of Tampa we will see.. I would however love to try one of those mid winter February cruises to leave the now and cold behind... maybe next year.

Archived