Princess or Queen Suites

Cruishappy@aol.com

Hi we will be sailing on the QM on Nov 30 and have made reservations for a P1 Princess

suite and am now wondering if itis worth the difference between the Princess and the

Queen Suite cat. We Had a Princess Siuite on our previous cruise and although it was quite nice and the amenities I felt that the accommodations were on the small side We rather enjoy a larger bathroom with a separate shower which the Princess Suites do not have Also is there that much of a difference in the menu for each of the categor

Would appreciate and will look forward to your responses

pe

qM

We stayed in a Q5 2 years ago for a similar sailing to the Caribbean. I am pretty sure that the shower was over the bath and not separate. Not sure how high up the categories you would have to go before you got a separate one. Personally, we loved our Q5 and have booked a Q6 for the sailing before yours this November. The cabin is obviously a bit bigger than the Princess Suites, the butler service amazing, the free bar and the a la carte dining in the QG made it all worth it for us. The basic menu is the same as the PG, but there is a list of a la carte items that you can choose from as well. They would also make anything you wanted with 24 hours noticed. We requested Steak Diane and it was cooked tableside for us the next night. If you are foodies like us and if the price is right, I'd say go for it but I think you might struggle to drop back down next time!! Having said that we are doing the Transatlantic to join our sailing and we are in an A2 Balcony. I'm looking forward to experiencing the other restaurants on board as once in our QG suite we will not dine anywhere else! Sue

The Q5 bathroom has a shower as part of the tub - but it is a nice size bathroom and the tub is a jacuzzi - it may be important to you, but we have one at home so it was not a big deal to us. The walk in closet was a nice size - it would be a big plus for a longer cruise, but it was a sitll great even on our five day cruise. We did partake of the ala cart menu - I think I only had one of five dinners off the regular menu, and had a great lobster tail as a special request. And yes the butler (ours was Maureen) was fabulous, serving us lunch in our room from the grille menu. We also loved the Queens Grill lounge.

Having said all that, I am not sure I would spring for the QG level again, especially if it is port intensive cruise where the cabin is less important. From what I heard, the PG service and dining room give you many of the advantages - flexible dining, reserved table, etc. - at a significanly lower price. The regular menu is more than adequate and I would have been very happy had I been "forced to settle" for the regular menu. The bar in the room sounded great, but in essence it was one bottle of wine which we drank the first day and one bottle of vodka which we brought home un-opened. We never touched the beer or soda in the room

PG has an à la carte menu too, I posted a copy here, and you may place special orders a day ahead. PGers may use the Queens Grill Lounge and the Concierge Lounge; only that bit of Deck 11 aft is for QG only.

From what I heard, the PG service and dining room give you many of the advantages - flexible dining, reserved table, etc. - at a significanly lower price. The regular menu is more than adequate and I would have been very happy had I been "forced to settle" for the regular menu.

You can also special order off-menu (a night before) in PG. If you have a look at the a la carte for QG and something strikes your fancy, simply special order it for the next night! Works perfectly.

PG has an à la carte menu too, I posted a copy here, and you may place special orders a day ahead. PGers may use the Queens Grill Lounge and the Concierge Lounge; only that bit of Deck 11 aft is for QG only.

On my crossing in May that outdoor deck area was marked for both Queen's and Princess Grill guests. It's obvious that at one time it was QG only because there was one sign on the inside of Deck 11 that said that. But all other signs showed it was for both. The latest deck-plan shows it as "The Grills Terrace." I thought it rather odd that anyone making the three-deck hike from 8 to 11 would be met at the top with one of these signs announcing the exclusivity of that deck. I would have expected a sign at the bottom because there's no way out once you start up that long stairway as it cuts through the deluxe suites on Decks 9 & 10.

The Q5 bathroom has a shower as part of the tub - but it is a nice size bathroom and the tub is a jacuzzi - it may be important to you, but we have one at home so it was not a big deal to us. The walk in closet was a nice size - it would be a big plus for a longer cruise, but it was a sitll great even on our five day cruise. We did partake of the ala cart menu - I think I only had one of five dinners off the regular menu, and had a great lobster tail as a special request. And yes the butler (ours was Maureen) was fabulous, serving us lunch in our room from the grille menu. We also loved the Queens Grill lounge.

Having said all that, I am not sure I would spring for the QG level again, especially if it is port intensive cruise where the cabin is less important. From what I heard, the PG service and dining room give you many of the advantages - flexible dining, reserved table, etc. - at a significanly lower price. The regular menu is more than adequate and I would have been very happy had I been "forced to settle" for the regular menu. The bar in the room sounded great, but in essence it was one bottle of wine which we drank the first day and one bottle of vodka which we brought home un-opened. We never touched the beer or soda in the room

Joe, your Butler should have replaced your wine as soon it was finished. We had around 5 bottles of Vodka replaced and it was no problem. Sue

On my crossing in May that outdoor deck area was marked for both Queen's and Princess Grill guests. It's obvious that at one time it was QG only because there was one sign on the inside of Deck 11 that said that. But all other signs showed it was for both. The latest deck-plan shows it as "The Grills Terrace." I thought it rather odd that anyone making the three-deck hike from 8 to 11 would be met at the top with one of these signs announcing the exclusivity of that deck. I would have expected a sign at the bottom because there's no way out once you start up that long stairway as it cuts through the deluxe suites on Decks 9 & 10.
The sign inside on Deck 11 now says This deck is reserved for Queens Grill guests only; the little folding Deck Plan identifies the area as "Grills Terrace". I didn't look at the outside signage.

Joe, your Butler should have replaced your wine as soon it was finished. We had around 5 bottles of Vodka replaced and it was no problem. Sue

You know, I thought that should be the case...When it was not automatically replaced, I just thought I had misunderstood. Oh well, I drank enough on this cruise; additional complementary wine would have been dangerous!

Archived