Seabourn Vs Regent?

SSNORWAY

Yes Keith, I agree with what you say and did much the same research. I can't even begin to say what one thing made me swing in the direction of Seabourn.

It may have had nothing to do with comparisons on the forum at all but the very tone of those experiences may have guided me to becoming a new customer.

One thing that sticks in my mind is the avoidance of nickel and diming, which many people have mentioned. Another is the pure devotion from people who seem to spend a large portion of the year onboard, year after year. That alone speaks volumes.

Will Seabourn be my cup of tea in the end? I hope so. Should people just write reviews rather than comparisons? Perhaps, but even that is open to individual interpretation and may not apply to every reader.

I feel that any thoughtful, informed discussion is valid and should be encouraged. Clearly you did not achieve so many posts without expressing your own personal opinion at least once?

Marja thank you for the nice comments.

Farscaper, in the end, it is all about the comments and opinions. I certainly agree with that.

What I was trying to say is that I think one can learn the most just reading about ones view of say Seabourn on this board and say other views of Regent on another board and then fold this into what they are looking for or not looking for in a cruise and make an intelligent decision. I find this much more useful along with the other research I have done in the past and continue to do then a thread that asks compare this cruise line with that cruise line or the ones that ask which is better this cruise line or that cruise line. I have read those threads on many boards and they all tend to go the same way.

Anyway, the method I used to select another cruise line worked so well for me and my wife that I will share it from time to time.

Keith

Chris and I want to experience all of the luxury lines. We have tried Crystal and Seabourn and have another Seabourn cruise booked for next January.

We have found a Regent cruise that we just have to do. It departs from Vancouver, spends a week cruising Alaska, then across the top of the Pacific to Russia and Japan, ending in Beijing.

We can't see any reason why we would not enjoy Regent.

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Archived