ST. Embarkation

Our ship has a 6:00 PM embarkation listed for 11/1 (SeaDream) and I am looking into flights- are options are an arrival at 1453 and one at 1610. The one arriving at 1610 is about 150 bucks cheaper than the earlier one... How long does it take to clear customs and get to the ship in ST Thomas usally?

Our ship has a 6:00 PM embarkation listed for 11/1 (SeaDream) and I am looking into flights- are options are an arrival at 1453 and one at 1610. The one arriving at 1610 is about 150 bucks cheaper than the earlier one... How long does it take to clear customs and get to the ship in ST Thomas usally?

that's cutting it way too close. I believe under US law you must present yourself and be checked in at least 90 minutes prior to sailing or you have to be denied entrance. This was on the PRincess website and my confirmation.

If it is 6 pm departure, yes 1610 would be late, but you should be fine if you are not sailing till 8 or 9 pm. You might want to check with your agent or the cruise line for their flight guidelines.

That being said, I myself usually try to arrive the day prior as it is much more relaxing to not be worried about delays on the day of sailing.

Have a great trip!

Archived