Miami Marriotts

Julma

Cruising out on 11/2, my husband and I need a place to stay in Miami pre-cruise. We get in late afternoon, so not much time for "looking around", we need more a decent place to sleep. We have a friend that works at Marriott and can get us Courtyard or Residence Inn at the airport for $39. or the Residence Coconut Grove for $79. Also mentioned Biscayne Bay for $129. Any thoughts, experiences??

i would do the RI coconut grove...at least you will have SOMETHING to do if you want....and places to walk to for dinner.

the airport properties (unless renovated recently) tend to be poorly rated (among other marriotts.....a GM from FLA told me this not long ago. However, IIRC the CY at the airport was recently redone. before that, the CY and the full service airport marriott were the lowest rated.:eek:)

i think 129 for biscayne bay is too much for a friends and family rate (unless it is prime season...you MAY be able to do better on your own. often you can score a rate lower than the F&F--been there done that!:p)

the 39 buck rate is enticing though. check on marriotts website...if you try and book a room, click on the "room details" link and read the box...it will tell you when the hotel was last renovated. if it is within the last year or so, and you really just want to crash, then go for it....!

hth

Archived