Excursionsin Jamaica please help

battchief1

We are going to Ocho Rios aboard the Enchanment of the Seas on Jan. 8 sailing and was just wondering about booking a trip to the falls through someone other that RCCL. I have heard of some of these tour operators not quite being on the up and up. I would like to find one that is very trust worthy and could give us a good tour that leaves early from the dock and beats the masses to the falls. Would not mind booking through RCC just wanted try something a little different but not get taken for a ride. Any help would be very much apperciated.

The man you need to contact is Peat Taylor http://www.geocities.com/peattaylor/island_tour.htmlHe has the BEST tour of the falls and more! He'll get yo to the falls early before the lines form and then drive you around ht eisland introducing you to Fern Gully, the beauty of the Island, and, to some extent, the people. After lunch, he'll take you back to shop and put you on to some of the bargains.

We will be using Peat Taylor to go to the Falls and the white river tubing. $30.00 for falls tour and the rest that comes with it. This includes admission to the Falls. $20.00 more for tubing. He will also tailor the tour to meet your needs. He comes highly recommended and I have no problem expecting a great day with Peat. Good luck. You may want to check out the port of call boards as well.

PEAT TAYLOR

BONHAM SPRING LODGE P.O. ST.ANN

JAMAICA W. I.

TEL: 876 975 0028

FAX: 876 975 0205

"HEY MON NO PROBLEM"

(Website) http://www.peattaylor.com

The Rhapsody docks in Montego Bay, not Ocho Rios. Does Peat still pick up at the dock for these tours from the other port?

I would suggest you contact him. I know some do, but not sure if Peat does. Mo' Bay is 2 hours away from Dunns River just so you know. The ride there is an "experience" as well. :D

As a suggestion try Carolyn Barrett........she will taylor an excursion on anything you want. We used her and she picked us up at the pier and took us on a 4 hour excursion........

www.barrettadventures.com

I believe that is her website............check it out and see what you think.

She is very reliable.

Jim

You just talk about going to the falls. the tour operators do not give you tours of the falls,they only transport you there and pick you up.If the falls is all you want to do just hire a cab. If you want a tour of ocho rios then by all means do a tour.

A 2 hour drive?? Holy Cow! That is almost as long as it took Gilligan and the Skipper to get lost forever. Maybe I'd better see what the ship offers in terms of excursions to the other side of the island!

and the ride can be just as scary. Blind turn passing, honking to let others know you are next to them, passing police cars. Quite an experience. One I am glad I have had (and lived through). I am sure some will take you to Dunns River Falls, but most of your day will be in a van.

Archived